Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BW Zeltbahn's

Article about: just to share my bundeswehr Amöbentarn Zeltbahn's

Default BW Zeltbahn's

just to share my bundeswehr Amöbentarn Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn's

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW Zeltbahn's
    P
    Many

Now that's a nice find!....

Thanks paul im really fond of this camo and know what you mean mate these are so hard to track down in the uk ,the holdall bag/hood has been deliberately stitched with the belt loops on the reverse side on one ,i cant find any maker stamps as yet but perhaps its just hard to see amongst the pattern
    cheers james

A really interesting camo design as really there are two patterns on each side, an amoeba and splinter pattern combined!...

thats true paul ,i never thought of it that way but now you mention it

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    A really interesting camo design as really there are two patterns on each side, an amoeba and splinter pattern combined!...
    Both sides are amoeba pattern... reversible Summer/Autumn, both are the same just different colours...........
    These are now getting hard to find, many are being cut up and being made into caps (which never existed!) and helmet covers by unscrupulous dealers ! these zelts are great early examples of BW equipment to have in a collection, well done to find two James !
    By the way, no splinter pattern zelts were made available to the BW, only a similar pattern to the BGS....olive and Flecktarn zelts were used in the 60's through to now.
    Prost ! Steve.

Many thanks steve i wonder if it was a common part of the kit to be issued both pattern holdalls in the autumn and summer shades ,i remember your mint example catching my eye on your superb bundeswehr panzergrenadier display ,are there any referance pictures out there i can view showing how the holdall would be placed on the belt or webbing i managed to pick this pair up locally here in wales but have seen a couple on ebay germany ,another question ,are they usually maker and date stamped as i just cant see any on mine ,i recently picked up a 1956 belgium zelt in the moons and balls brushstroke and was surprised to see a german maker ,apparently it was common post war due to the reparations imposed on germanyBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn's

CBH
    ?

Quote by James C View Post
    Many thanks steve i wonder if it was a common part of the kit to be issued both pattern holdalls in the autumn and summer shades ,i remember your mint example catching my eye on your superb bundeswehr panzergrenadier display ,are there any referance pictures out there i can view showing how the holdall would be placed on the belt or webbing i managed to pick this pair up locally here in wales but have seen a couple on ebay germany ,another question ,are they usually maker and date stamped as i just cant see any on mine ,i recently picked up a 1956 belgium zelt in the moons and balls brushstroke and was surprised to see a german maker ,apparently it was common post war due to the reparations imposed on germanyBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn'sBW Zeltbahn's
    My packed example looks very similar to your first post , great find .

Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Zeltbahn's  

great finds chris, your pair both have the peg packs is there a maker stamp on yours mate ?

Quote by James C View Post
    Many thanks steve i wonder if it was a common part of the kit to be issued both pattern holdalls in the autumn and summer shades ,i remember your mint example catching my eye on your superb Bundeswehr panzergrenadier display, are there any reference pictures out there I can view showing how the holdall would be placed on the belt or webbing
    James, like the tent pole bag the zelt bag was kept out of sight inside the rucksack and never on the belt or indeed outside of the backpack, the zelt itself could either be carried rolled in a "horse shoe" shape or rolled up on the small battle bag much as in Imperial/WH times..............Schusters "1955-2010" BW uniforms & equipment book shows this, well worth getting as a reference book....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Zeltbahn's   BW Zeltbahn's  

BW Zeltbahn's  
    Attached Images Attached Images BW Zeltbahn's 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast