Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A collection of 57er Shields..............

Article about: Gents, my 57er shields....Demjansk, Krim, Kuban, Narvik (both Navy and Army/Luftwaffe) Cholm and Lappland. These examples span from early through to late production, note that 57er's were di

Default A collection of 57er Shields..............

Gents, my 57er shields....Demjansk, Krim, Kuban, Narvik (both Navy and Army/Luftwaffe) Cholm and Lappland.
    These examples span from early through to late production, note that 57er's were did not have either backing plates or uniform material attached to them ........These shields were not authorised for wear on BW uniforms...instead a miniature device of the shield was worn on a ribbon bar (as 57er cufftitles were) , it is not known why these awards were remade, other than veterans wanting to replace lost/stolen awards, they are rarely seen being worn, sometimes seen attached to a veterans "civvy" style jacket for attendance at a reunion or funerals of ex colleagues.
    Last image shows the official method of post war wear..................Kuban shield on BW style ribbon bar.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A collection of 57er Shields..............   A collection of 57er Shields..............  

A collection of 57er Shields..............   A collection of 57er Shields..............  

A collection of 57er Shields..............   A collection of 57er Shields..............  

A collection of 57er Shields..............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A collection of 57er Shields..............
    P
    Many

love the ribbon set,but for some reason the shields don't ring my bell.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    love the ribbon set,but for some reason the shields don't ring my bell.
    Understood Harry ! Some, if not a great number of 57er collectors do not bother with them either......but I kinda like them !
    Prost ! Steve.