Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A collection of 57er wound badges...................

Article about: Just a pointer on the St u L versions.............mid production and late production badges are very similar and can be confusing........here I show the two side by side, although they both

Just a pointer on the St u L versions.............mid production and late production badges are very similar and can be confusing........here I show the two side by side, although they both use the same die stamped badge the hardware is different, although at first glance appearing the same......later badges always have an open hinge block, mid, closed...the "C" catch is smaller on the mid, the pin is always longer on the mid being the first pattern tapered pin, the late has a shorter pin and is the third pattern tapered pin, this construction is the same on all grades of the later wound badge..........
    mid production badge on left, late production badge on right.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A collection of 57er wound badges...................   A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A collection of 57er wound badges...................
    P
    Many

Great thread Steve!..

Another addition to my wound badge collection, a black grade but with unusual fastening/rear hardware on this one, .....with the piece in hand I have been able to compare to a similar if not identical fastening system on an St u L made piece, an early EK I repeat clasp/spange.....the only difference being size, the clasp hardware is obviously smaller ! with this observation and the overall design features on the obverse of the badge, it is IMO a 1957 St u L made piece, but a variant using hardware that was probably used for a short time only in the early production of these badges.
    An unusual piece..................
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A collection of 57er wound badges...................   A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

A collection of 57er wound badges...................   A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

A collection of 57er wound badges...................   A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2