Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Couple of Newbies. 57ers

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents. Here are some new badges I have for my 57 shelf,both St&L 1960s & 70s build..I have also included a picture of my 57 shelf as it stands...I'm just collectin

?

Default Couple of Newbies. 57ers

Hello Ladies & Gents. Here are some new badges I have for my 57 shelf,both St&L 1960s & 70s build..I have also included a picture of my 57 shelf as it stands...I'm just collecting these awards as I go along...like you do.....Thanks for looking & Cheers Terry. Couple of Newbies. 57ersCouple of Newbies. 57ersCouple of Newbies. 57ersCouple of Newbies. 57ers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of Newbies. 57ers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Couple of Newbies. 57ers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Couple of Newbies. 57ers

I like these 57'er medals but always feel there's something missing...oh yeah, now I remember! Hehe.. But I know the vets had to wear these after the Swazi was banned. Am I correct?
    - Update-
    I don't know much about these but I have some de-nazified items.

?

Yeah Dean I think somebody on here will be able to give the long winded answer. But I think the Swastika was banned in 1957..so from there until 1989 these awards were made for wear...I could be wrong mind!! lol..But I do like these awards.. yes there something missing the massive price tag lol...You can pick these up quite cheap..& they do display very well.... Cheers Terry.

?

The swastika was banned in 1945. The rules pertaining to the wear of combat awards earned during the war were made in 1957 and thats when the manufacturing of these pieces started.
    Veterans wore their original pieces denazified before that time if they chose to.
    Nazi awards as opposed to combat awards were not reinstated.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

There you go Dean thats the answer I was looking for??? lol.. Cheers Adrian for clearing that up.. Cheers Terry.