Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Deschler 57er EK II

Article about: Ladies and Gents, my new addition a Deschler produced 57er EK II...a rather salty example (originally from a smoker, I suspect), that appears to have had the core (which is non magnetic) rep

Default A Deschler 57er EK II

Ladies and Gents, my new addition a Deschler produced 57er EK II...a rather salty example (originally from a smoker, I suspect), that appears to have had the core (which is non magnetic) repainted at some time, Deschlers Iron Crosses were renowned for there paint loss....notice the design of the oakleaves device...different from most other manufacturers and the Deumer style hump on the point of the suspension ring attachment....I suppose it could be cleaned....but.....
    The firm Deschler und Sohn survived the war, despite their factory being utterly destroyed by Allied bombing...they went on to produce new awards for Bundeswehr/Government in the 60's & 70's...they were sadly bought out by Pichl AG in 1997..who promptly removed production to Austria and the Munich facility was closed down.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Deschler 57er EK II   A Deschler 57er EK II  

A Deschler 57er EK II   A Deschler 57er EK II  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Deschler 57er EK II
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Deschler 57er EK II

Were did you find this beauty?!? Very nice and rare cross!

Regards
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 08-23-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Were did you find this beauty?!? Very nice and rare cross!

Regards
    Ingrid, I have bought some spare awards from another collector.........I still have a couple more to post ! I used the money I had put aside for the RK ! I now have to find a Deumer marked EK II !
    Prost! Steve.

?

Very nice example Steve and rarely seen. Most likely made using frames left over from wartime production.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....