Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.

Article about: Here's my 1958 dated enlisted mans "Gebirgstruppe" Ski blouse/jacket for the rank of "Soldat"...this style of tunic is still worn today by the BW Mountain troops. This ex

Default Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.

Here's my 1958 dated enlisted mans "Gebirgstruppe" Ski blouse/jacket for the rank of "Soldat"...this style of tunic is still worn today by the BW Mountain troops. This example is dated April 1958, and is made from a much heavier and darker woollen type material than its contemporaries. In 1963 shoulder straps became rounded, a year earlier the arm badge/shields came into force being worn on the upper left arm, prior to this Arm shields for Brigades/Divisions did not exist, only two arm badges were displayed as formation badges in the BW from 1955 to 1962, one for Fallschirmjagers and the other we see here on this jacket to I.D. Gebirgstruppe. The jacket has a 57er ribbon bar for Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and Kurland cuff title.The last photo shows a modern Ski blouse for comparison.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.   Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.  

Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.   Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.  

Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.   Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.

Nice tunic, and also nice to see that your tunic belonged to an "old salt" with actual combat experience.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Nice tunic, and also nice to see that your tunic belonged to an "old salt" with actual combat experience.
    Agree really like those tunics.
    chris

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    I have a cheated a little !....it had loops for a small ribbon bar, but the bar was missing...so I attached the bar shown, it would of had a bar originally, I just do not know which one graced the tunic !
    Prost ! Steve.