Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.

Article about: Gentlemen, I show here a Bundeswehr Stabsunteroffizier "Schibluse" (Ski blouse)of the Gebirgslogistikbattalion Nr 8 (as indicated on his right breast fob) attached to Gebirgsjager

Default Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.

Gentlemen, I show here a Bundeswehr Stabsunteroffizier "Schibluse" (Ski blouse)of the Gebirgslogistikbattalion Nr 8 (as indicated on his right breast fob) attached to Gebirgsjager Brigade 23 (as indicated by armshield on left arm), his battalion would of been based at Fussen/Mittenwald in Bavaria. He wears various awards/decorations, on his left pocket he holds the Leistungabzeichen (Military proficiency badge) in gold, it indicates he has met the criteria ten times in his service by the "10" on the base of the award, on his right pocket he wears his unit I.D. fob, and U.S. Marksmanship award for the rifle, above the pocket, he displays his Tatigkeitsabzeichen (Trade/proficiency badge) for Rohrwaffenpersonel (Piped weapons, morter, bazooka, recoiless weapons etc) also displayed is a Bundeswehr Shutzenschur (marksman lanyard) Gold class. The jacket/blouse has a fly front, concealing the buttons and poppers, adjustable cuffs and tie side adjusters to the side of the waist band. It has, as all enlisted mens issue tunics have, a dated label on inside of the interior pocket, this one is from 1988.The Shooting lanyard is always attached to a Bundeswehr tunic, by way of concealed buttons, one under the shoulder strap and the other under the lower right collar flap, I show a photo of this feature. Also notice no waffenfarbe piping on shoulder straps, this is normal and a feature of the Gebirgstruppen skibluse. I also show a Bergmutze the cap worn with this blouse.
    I hope you enjoy seeing this jacket as I do owning it.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.   Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.  

Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.   Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.

Gents, the rest of the photos regarding the above post.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.   Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.  

Gents..two rather splendid female troopers from "Gebirgsjägerbrigade 23" wearing their "Schibluse" (Ski blouse), both having recently passed their Mountain Guides (Bergfuhrer) course...they wear the standard skiblouse, which appears to be unisex in cut and style ! Enjoy......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.  

?

What's the significance of the fob pocket badges??

Quote by AMTG View Post
    What's the significance of the fob pocket badges??
    The Brustenhanger or "Interne Verbandesabzeichen" is shield-like pendants/enamel plaque, on a leather backing (like a key fob) which is worn on the button of the right breast pocket. Breast hangers are worn by almost all uniformed public service organizations in Germany such as those in the armed forces , police , fire fighters.
    In the BW they are distinction to the Badge on the sleeve as an "internal Badge" and denote membership of a unit or an organization within the the brigade or division represented by the arm shield. They have been worn since 1982 in the BW. I show a selection. Hope that helps.
    Prost ! Steve.

Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Gebirgsjager Ski blouse.  Gebirgsjager Ski blouse. 

?

Thanks for explaining that!!! I have seen a few for sale, just wasn't sure how to interpret them!!!

Don't the French do a similar thing?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Don't the French do a similar thing?
    Correct !...some of the early ones worn unofficially in the 1960's by some Fallschirmjager units were indeed made in France !
    Prost ! Steve.