Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The German "Hair force" and Army and Navy !

Article about: Gents you just thought the Dutch armed forces were liberal when it came to long hair, see this link and marvel at the 1970's Bundeswehr.........words just fail me ! :shock: sz.de - 404 ... -

Default The German "Hair force" and Army and Navy !

Gents you just thought the Dutch armed forces were liberal when it came to long hair, see this link and marvel at the 1970's Bundeswehr.........words just fail me ! :shock: 40 Jahre Haarnetz-Erlass - Rekruten mit Rockermähne - Haarnetz-Erlass - Gesellschaft - Süddeutsche.de
    with thanks to TJ over on another forum for this information and link..........enjoy !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The German "Hair force" and Army and Navy !
    P
    Many

Wow, I never knew they had allowed this lol By the time I got there in the late 80s, it was back to short hair again. I remember the first Dutch soldier I saw, his beard was better than ZZ Top. I thought maybe he was someone who had been to a costume party, and couldn't be in the military. I learned a few things when I was there.

Wasn't it to tell the difference between GDR and FRG soldiers?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents you just thought the Dutch armed forces were liberal when it came to long hair, see this link and marvel at the 1970's Bundeswehr.........words just fail me ! :shock: 40 Jahre Haarnetz-Erlass - Rekruten mit Rockermähne - Haarnetz-Erlass - Gesellschaft - Süddeutsche.de
    with thanks to TJ over on another forum for this information and link..........enjoy !
    Prost ! Steve.
    This ministerial decree was one of the reforms worked by the young Helmut Schmidt at a time when the Bw was beset by a variety of problems of command, obedience and morale. Such problems also adhered to USAREUR, as well, which, in fact, had far worse problems of discipline and obedience in the waning part of the Indochina episode, which had a powerful effect on US troops in the FRG.

Read Schmidt's memoirs.

Wissenschaft / Geschichte ab 1945// Zentrum für Militärgeschichte und Sozialwissenschaften der Bundeswehr // ZMSBw

?

Blimey !! The Bloke at the front looks like a young version of Bill Oddie from the Goodies LOL.

Cheers
    Greg

I know this conflict. There was also a fighting between german policemen with long hair and the interior ministry. The Federal Constitutional Court decided, that the officers can have long hair, but they have to braid the hair. Lol. Visbible tats are also forbidden, a neutral look is important. But long hair is a super camo for snipers in the woods.

?

Nice post... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The German "Hair force" and Army and Navy !  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I remember a visit to Amsterdam in the mid 80s and there was a parade including the Dutch armed forces, they looked like a bunch of rejects from Woodstock!...

?

OH Back in the days when you had to see the face first before you smacked a Butt

Semper Fi
    Phil

Here's the picture

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast