Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !

Article about: Gents, I have decided to collect Bundeswehr helmets and will show my other helmets soon as possible, but here here for your delictation (I know its not Bundeswehr!), arrived Christmas eve, o

Default Re: GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !

I like that finish ! been there, done that kind of finish.....one is good but two !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !

Im curious, how much do these go for, and where could I get one? They seem like interesting pieces, given their history, and have a nice pedigree.

Nitram

GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Im curious, ... where could I get one? ...
    Got another one today !
    Want to trade this helmet for an NVA "Kampfmesser 66", (also looking for hungarian and yugoslavian "Cold War" combat knives).

Cheers,
    R.

Good morning gents,

With apologies to Steve the OP for adding this to his thread I thought I should perhaps post this here as there are already several lids here and it will assist anyone looking for images of this type.

So, I have been after one of these for a while making several active attempts that all failed for one reason or another. I was gutted to miss one that went for only 87€ with provenance from the former user who was an ATO (bomb disposal) officer in GSG9 all because of a computer glitch!!

Anyway, as is true in most things and especially in this hobby "everything comes to he who waits" and I was stunned to track this one down for a very reasonable price especially when I discovered that by coincidence the seller was in the same line of work as me!!

It is in 100% mint condition and actually has a stores tag (I think the tag is probably the product of a stores system upgrade much later than the helmets manufacture date judging by the style of printing etc).

The inside of the shell is smooth Polizei Gruen (RAL 6004 I reckon) and the outside is a rough textured finish in a slightly lighter shade of the same colour.

I can't see any markings on the shell without removing the liner but the liner is date stamped under the headband (Okt 75) and size stamped 57 on the face of the liner.

I think this was worth missing out on the others for about the same price. What do members think?

Regards

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !   GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !  

GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !   GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !  

GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !   GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !  

GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !  
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-21-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi !

Wanna show you this helmet, (as far as I´m told by the seller ...), former worn by an SEK, (Sondereinsatzkommando), -member, had partaken at the hostage-taking of Gladbeck in August 1988, (3 casualties).

Due to noise attenuation a "self made" rubber-"band", (probably made by an bicycle inner tube ?), was attached upon the rim of the helmet.

IMO a honest, worn, Police helmet !

Best regards,
    R.

GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !

Maybe from interest, the spec sheet.

I´m showing the sheet by granted permission by the manufacturer.

GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !

Thanks for posting! That is a great piece of historical information. And in English too

I'm quite surprised at how many of these helmets are on the market. I've probably seen 10 for every early BW FJ helmet.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2