Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

helm reprasentation

Article about: just to share my last purchase of 2014 ,this parade helmet ,basically a super glossy m56 liner, inside the webbing is olive drab yet the exterior is a blue/ grey ,id like to know if these we

Default helm reprasentation

just to share my last purchase of 2014 ,this parade helmet ,basically a super glossy m56 liner, inside the webbing is olive drab yet the exterior is a blue/ grey ,id like to know if these were for the guards battalian or perhaps the musical arm , luftwaffe or Deutsche Marine ,on the inside i can see three stamps (SH) which i can only presume is for the maker schuberth (91) year ? and (bund) im wondering if any insignia would be fitted to the grommit ? definately one for the shelf helm reprasentationhelm reprasentationhelm reprasentationhelm reprasentationhelm reprasentationhelm reprasentationhelm reprasentationhelm reprasentation
    Last edited by James C; 12-23-2014 at 10:49 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helm reprasentation
    P
    Many

?

Great One james. That bad boy is Buffed!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

it is indeed phil ,thanks for looking mate

could this be a 3 point chinstrap version of the same liner ?helm reprasentation

James I was watching that !! I wondered where it had gone !! a good buy !
    it is primarily a "Wachtbattalion" helmet for parades/drills and /ceremonial duties, being lightweight it was comfortable to wear for longer periods than its steel brother there is also a Gefechtshelm version...............but were used by the BW "Musikkorps" as well.............as of 22nd of May 1990, this new helmet "helm reprasentation" (Protocol service) was introduced, It was made of plastic and was introduced because stocks of the earlier M1/M56 liners were exhausted. There are gloss versions for drills/parades and matt version for funerals. Their NATO stock number for the bright finished helmet is 8415 12 341 2639, and they may be found with the helmet designation SH 00, SH 01 and SH 99.
    Full title of the Wachbataillon :- "Wachbataillon beim Bundesministerium der Verteidigung" (WachBtl BMVg), (Guard battalion at the Ministry of Defence). for more info see here.. Wachbataillon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    No insignia would be fitted to the front grommet, it is just a vent hole left there from the original zweiteilige M56 helmet design (U.S. inspired design).
    Here is my pre 1990 version...and is of strips of fabric embedded in resin all formed in a mould at high pressure............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images helm reprasentation 

oops sorry steveive been after a half decent one for a long while so couldnt resist especially when i saw the price and as ive neglegted my bw collection this year apart from the soft panzer beret it was a fitting end to the year thanks for all the information i knew you would elaborate further and better than i could on these ,in my naivety i was hoping it "was" an earlier m56 liner ,thank you for showing your very nice example too is this the liner from your m1 m56 Zweiteilige or just a dedicated parade helmet ?i guess they are one and the same anyway ,ive seen bundesheer parade pictures and it would seem the austrians wore a similar us design liner too ,thanks again ,james

Quote by James C View Post
    thank you for showing your very nice example too is this the liner from your m1 m56 Zweiteilige or just a dedicated parade helmet ? i guess they are one and the same anyway... james
    Correct James, the M56 liner was used on parades by all sections of the BW.
    The one I show above is a spare liner I have and not from my M56 helmet.....I have been looking for a matching shell for some time with out luck !
    Prost ! Steve.

Great parade helmet/liner things like this are underated.

What a beautiful looking Liner James,so am I right in saying that although this was phased out after just 2 years 56-58 in favour of the M1A these Liners continued to be produced for all Non-combat roles?keep looking steve there must be a Helm floating around somewhere Bud.

steve what are the signs to look out for on the m56 shell just in case(highly unlikely) i happen upon one ,are they pretty much cloned with the us m1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast