Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Medal Bar

Article about: Need some help with two ribbons on this four piece medal bar. The first medal I take it is a fire medal of some description. Can anyone shed some light on this ribbon and explain to me what

Default Help with Medal Bar

Need some help with two ribbons on this four piece medal bar. The first medal I take it is a fire medal of some description. Can anyone shed some light on this ribbon and explain to me what it was awarded for, is it a military medal or civilian medal. The other ribbon is the third one along with the blue cross. Does anyone know what this medal is and what it was awarded for. I know the other two are sports and swimming awards. Appreciate any help. Thanks
    Oh yeah....sorry about the quality of the medal bar picture.

Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Medal Bar   Help with Medal Bar  

Help with Medal Bar  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Medal Bar
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with Medal Bar

Second is 'DSB' DeutchesSportBund - physical training related, I think.

Not too familiar with Bundeswehr stuff, but the fire medal should
    be for same requirements as it's Third Reich counterpart.

Don't know the third one, unfortunately. The last is for the
    'DRLG' with a life saving award badge on it..........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 09-21-2011 at 02:30 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve....out of curiosity what were the requirements for the Third Reich fire medal?

Phil

Awarded in two classes, basically it was for Merit or Long Service in the Fire Brigade.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks mate

This ribbon bar was worn by a firefighter, with all of the ribbons of a civilian nature.

From left to right, they are for:

One of the various Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen [Fire Service Decorations] or Brandschutz-Ehrenzeichen [Fire Protection Decorations] as awarded by the German states, gold grade.
    Every Bundesland [Federal State] has its own firefighting-related decorations and these ribbon colors are common to several of them. Sorry, I can't tell from the device from which state this one is, as this is not my area of expertise; but here are some typical examples from various states:
    www.feuerwehr-ehrenzeichen.de / BRD 30801
    www.feuerwehr-ehrenzeichen.de / BRD 30101
    www.feuerwehr-ehrenzeichen.de / BRD 31001

Deutsches Sportabzeichen [German Sports Badge] (or, for short, DSA), gold grade. This one has the "DSB" (Deutscher Sportbund [German Sports League]) cyphers as used until 2006. (The current version has "DOSB".)
    See:
    Das Deutsche Sportabzeichen (alter Art) | Ordensmuseum.de

Deutsches Feuerwehr-Ehrenkreuz [German Fire Services' Cross of Honor], silver or gold grade. (I can't quite tell the color of the metal device and the metallic stripes in the ribbon from the photograph.) This is the second pattern, used from 1974 onwards.
    See:
    Das Deutsche Feuerwehr-Ehrenkreuz | Ordensmuseum.de
    www.feuerwehr-ehrenzeichen.de / BRD 30002

Deutsches Rettungssschwimmer-Abzeichen der DLRG [German Lifeguard Badge of the German Lifesaving Organization] (or, for short, DRSA). (Again, I can't quite tell the grade from the photograph; they come in bronze, silver and gold.
    See:
    Deutsches Rettungsschwimmerabzeichen der DLRG | Ordensmuseum.de

(Please note that all the links posted are for German-language websites, but even for non-German speakers, the photos there could be of interest as illustrations.)

Excellent work...appreciate your help HPL. A little disappointed its not a military bar but it was not expensive and looks good on display.

Phil