Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Identify/Authenticate Peaked Visor

Article about: I have just joined the forum and am admittedly overwhelmed by the information I have access to! Please be understanding of my ignorance! I recently acquired a hat which I was only told was a

Default Identify/Authenticate Peaked Visor

I have just joined the forum and am admittedly overwhelmed by the information I have access to! Please be understanding of my ignorance! I recently acquired a hat which I was only told was a "West German Officer's Hat". I suspect, from what I have seen, that this is post-war and not an officer's hat at all. I also am concerned that it may be a reproduction. Can anyone offer some guidance?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify/Authenticate Peaked Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identify/Authenticate Peaked Visor
    P
    Many

Indeed a Bundeswehr-West German Visor Cap...Others will be able to identify the specifics for you, such as Branch of Service (Yellow Piping) etc...A photo of the interior would be most helpful!!
    Welcome to the Forum, friend!
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you! It's a pleasure browsing the threads!

Yes, Glenn is correct. You have a BRD Bundesheer EM/NCO visor for Signals.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

PS--welcome to the forum.
    You will find authentic period examples of just about every visor hat made during the TR in the sub-forum entitled "Guide to Authentic Third Reich Visor Hats".
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

A nice example!...

Thank you! I don't believe this is Third Reich, then. The emblem with the black center is gold with a red circle and is mounted over the crossed swords. I am curious what the black band means as I have seen more modern hats nearly like this online, but they don't have the black band The Nazi-era hats often do. Also, the brim and sweat band are plastic rather than leather, which bothers me. The crossed sword emblem is aluminum vs. plastic and I have somewhat translated the German manufacturer information inside, however it is stamped on a plastic patch rather than embroidered. My hope is that it may be a modern hat and not a reproduction.

As said above, it is an enlisted man or a non-commissioned officer's hat from the Signals branch (this is what the yellow piping is for) dating in the years after the end of WWII. It is a nice cap and in excellent condition. Welcome to the Forum!
    Last edited by Wagriff; 09-17-2015 at 12:52 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you, that was a rookie error. I didn't realize I could date it from the information that it is a Signals branch hat. I see now. That's the confirmation I needed!

Yes it's a real Bundeswehr (post war German Army) cap!....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast