Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Just found this in the attic - German cap with double sword emblem/ label with Carl Isken KG. Köln - any advice?

Article about: Hey, Just found a wool hat. Beret style in my attic it's green in colour and had a double awaits emblem on the front. It has a label inside stating Carl Isken KG. KÖln with some numbers that

Donna1969
    ?

Default Just found this in the attic - German cap with double sword emblem/ label with Carl Isken KG. Köln - any advice?

Hey,

Just found a wool hat. Beret style in my attic it's green in colour and had a double awaits emblem on the front. It has a label inside stating Carl Isken KG. KÖln with some numbers that I cannot read. I've searched online and think it may be a Nco visor cap German Bundeswehr. Any ideas? Is it genuine? Value? etc. Thanks!

Just found this in the attic - German cap with double sword emblem/ label with Carl Isken KG. Köln - any advice?Just found this in the attic - German cap with double sword emblem/ label with Carl Isken KG. Köln - any advice?Just found this in the attic - German cap with double sword emblem/ label with Carl Isken KG. Köln - any advice?

2. # ADS

hi imo it is a post war border guard beret and badge. regards allan

It's a Bundeswehr beret as worn by all ranks.

Green is for Jäger, Panzergrenadiere, Gebirgsjäger and certain music corps.

The cap badge is for peaked caps and does not belong on the beret.

The large "A" (for "ausgesondert" or "ausgemustert") stamped on the label means it is a worn example that was found unserviceable by the military supply system.

Carl Isken KG of Köln [Cologne] is the manufacturer. It was manufactured in 1984 and is a size 58.

It's real, of course, but of very little financial value.