Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Knights Cross Association (O.d.R.) pin !

Article about: Hi Dani and welcome to the forum, I really like your piece, not something I've seen before. The crescent, crown and 835 are the German national silver markings. The first symbol is the mm; i

Hi Dani and welcome to the forum,

I really like your piece, not something I've seen before. The crescent, crown and 835 are the German national silver markings. The first symbol is the mm; indicating it was made by Wilkens & Söhne, a company still in business today. For more information on the OdR, see here.

Kinda looks like an ashtray, doesn't it? A must have for every serious RKT collector......

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knights Cross Association (O.d.R.) pin !
    P
    Many

Dani, welcome to the forum ! and especially to the Bundeswehr sub forum, you are most welcome...........
    that's a nice solid silver plate you have there..............the marks "small crescent moon and Imperial crown" are Prussian silver marks seen after 1888, "835" being the actual silver content, making me think this an older pre 1900's plate that was later, some time the late 1950's was engraved with the OdR logo (around the time when the GdR changed its name to the OdR) a personal item rather than the usual commercial OdR merchandise...............still a nice piece to have in a collection of Knights Cross holders association memorabilia.
    Prost ! Steve.

Was able to secure two OdR silver plates of the same design as the one Dani posted, although heavily polished, see here. Maybe the OdR did in fact use these, not commercially, but at reunions?

Regards

I have never seen one of these before

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2