Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

" Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.

Article about: Gents, this great looking rare (IMO) badge came in this morning's post from a collector friend in Germany, I have been after one of these for some time, St u L made piece from around 1960...

Default " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.

Gents, this great looking rare (IMO) badge came in this morning's post from a collector friend in Germany, a second pattern "Legion Condor " PAB, I have been after one of these for some time, St u L made piece from around 1960......having first pattern tapered pin, closed hinge assembly and small "c" catch.
    St u L made a huge range of Imperial and Weimar period badges running alongside their 1957 range, they are difficult to spot, but their rear hardware gives then away and they crop up now and again....I was watching one in the States for sale but had no chance to buy as it disappeared as quick as it had appeared, no doubt an offer accepted !
    This badge as the original is, hollow backed, great detail on the skull and tank, the wreath is outstanding, Souval did a version to, but not as detailed IMO............
    jJust over 400 were personally given to the Panzer contingent of the "Legion Condor " by its commander von Thoma.....they were not official nor combat awards, but more in recognition of their service....However still worn with pride by the veterans alongside their TR awards during WW2.
    Now to find out if St u L or Assmann did an Imperial PAB replacement !
    I have set of Spanish wound badges from Souval on its way, I will post here when they arrive..........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.   " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.  

" Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.   " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.
    P
    Many

Some images of the Legion Condor PAB in wear, with thanks to various members over on WAF .......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.  " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.  " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement. 

nice badge.

A full set of Souval post war made wound badges, distinctive early Souval hardware, claw catch from I would guess the late 1950's early 1960's....Still nice and bright !
    None of the Spanish Civil War awards either German or Spanish were allowed in public wear in Germany as they were on the prohibited awards list in the 1957 regulations, however both St u L and Souval openly made replacements up to the mid 1970's....and probably beyond !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.   " Legion Condor" PAB, veterans replacement.