Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Markings on HK G3

Article about: Hi Guys I'm looking for some help to see whether a deactivated HK G3 I have is a Bundeswehr issue weapon. Below are pics of the serial markings and stamps on the gun. Any help appreciated as

?

Default Markings on HK G3

Hi Guys

I'm looking for some help to see whether a deactivated HK G3 I have is a Bundeswehr issue weapon.

Below are pics of the serial markings and stamps on the gun.

Any help appreciated as this isn't an area I know much about (seemingly lots of differences with how the Wehrmacht numbered and stamped its weapons).

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Markings on HK G3   Markings on HK G3  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Markings on HK G3
    P
    Many

?

Well G3FS 12 Y xxx started in 1973 through G3FS 17 S XXX in 1979. So there is a timeframe of when produced. From what I have read the FS stands for Freischwinger= Free Swinger -Literal translation- Free floater for the free floating barrel on these models.
    Its hard to make out the other marking.
    Where is that located?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 08-07-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added free floater comment

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Well G3FS 12 Y xxx started in 1973 through G3FS 17 S XXX in 1979. So there is a timeframe of when produced. From what I have read the FS stands for Freischwinger= Free Swinger -Literal translation- Free floater for the free floating barrel on these models.
    Its hard to make out the other marking.
    Where is that located?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks for the info. The second, eagle stamp (very small) is on the left of receiver) - there are in fact two of these stamps on the left of the receiver...

?

I do not know Bundeswehr armament/acceptance stamps formally called Waffenamt's and since a total of more than 50 countries during the last 40 years issued the G3 to its forces. It will take an expert on these to help. I only have a semi auto G3A3 clone and studied these.
    That mark I can not be of assistance with the ID. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
    Could this be a Deact mark put on by the folks who deactivated it? I read on here that they are marked with the Deact facility mark.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 08-08-2019 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Added question and comment

?

Mystery solved! I found an identical stamping on another forum that confirms what I have are two Bundeswehr acceptance stamps, so this is 100% a German army rife (see below)
    Attached Images Attached Images Markings on HK G3 

?

Very nice. It's good you found that info . So in your search did you find any that had Bundeswehr acceptance marks? I would be interested in having it for a reference. Semper Fi. Phil