Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

Article about: Thanks Steve. I've got a marked Deumer kvk1 on the way. And I'm also following an early Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen to keep my minesweeper badge company. Regards

?

Default Re: My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

Leave it as is Nick! It displays well and if you try and repair it, it will just look like a repaired flag.
    The material looks quite thin on the shredded edge and there is quite a gap which will never look good repaired. Display it like it is and it will look fine.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection
    P
    Many

Nick, a great collection of 57er's, your Deutsche Kreuz in Gold is the same construction as mine ! but mine has a copper coloured spray/starburst......your flag is indeed the "Dienstflagge der Seestreitkrafte" and should, as Adrian suggested be left alone, I would certainly have it in my collection as is ! the end fraying is evidence of use, and is how many flags end up, especially if flown from a ship, sea salt spray, sunlight and the extreme rigours of the wind all contribute.......
    Prost ! Steve.

Thank you both for your opinions. I will leave it alone. 2/85 would that be the date it was commissioned?

I hope you get that RK, Steve!

Regards

Got this photo of RK-holder Lothar Kmitta today, the one on the right. The photo is a copy with an original signature.

Some information found on the internet:

During the Second World War, Lothar Kmitta achieved a total of 398 operational sorties.
    After the Second World War, Lothar Kmitta served with the Luftwaffe in the West German Bundeswehr.

Promotions:
    1st October 1942: Feldwebel;
    October 1942: Offizieranwärter und Fahnenjunker;
    4th October 1943: Leutnant;
    1956: Oberleutnant;
    1956: Hauptmann;
    ?: Oberstleutnant;
    ?: Oberst.

Career:
    15th November 1939: Entered service with the Luftwaffe Luftwaffenausbildungsregiment 31;
    20th June 1941: Nahaufklärungsgruppe 5;
    1956: Entered service in the Luftwaffe Bundeswehr;
    1957: Staffelkapitän Waffenschule 30;
    10th January 1961 - 30th September 1962: Kommandeur Fliegende Gruppe, Jagdbombergeschwader 33 Büchel;
    22th August 1964 - 31st December 1969: Kommodore Jagdbombergeschwader 36 Hopsten;
    1970-1972: AFCENT;
    1976 - 1980: Heeresamt in Keulen;
    31st March 1980: Retirement.

DEUTSCHES KREUZ IN GOLD
    Unit: 12.(H) / Aufklärungsgruppe 12
    Awarded on: August 16th, 1943

RITTERKREUZ DES EISERNEN KREUZES
    Unit: Flugzeugführer Nahaufklärungsgruppe 5
    Awarded on: November 18th, 1944

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

My finds from today's flea market: two heer side caps and a Luftwaffe cuff title.

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 08-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Nick, your caps are from the dreaded "Filzlouse" uniform (1959-late 1960's)...universally hated by most soldiers in the BW and not worn that often, they preferred the "moleskin" uniform, which at the time was a work related uniform...however ,towards the advent of the seventies it took over from the scratchy/itchy woolen uniform to become the BW third combat uniform lasting well into the 1990's.....they are good finds, but inexpensive ! the cufftitle is nice, an enlisted man's version by the look of it..... Prost ! Steve.

Thank you for the information, Steve. I quite like them, they're a part of the Bundeswehr history. To me they don't have to be expensive, to be nice.

Regards

Frosty S&L finally arrived. It's a nice early piece, but unmarked.

I hope you guys like her!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

Quite right ! and most of it is inexpensive compared to TR & Imperial items ! but the early stuff is creeping up !...... Ingrid, that EK II is a beauty ! is the ring marked ?
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Superb new EK Nick!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast