Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

Article about: Thanks Steve. I've got a marked Deumer kvk1 on the way. And I'm also following an early Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen to keep my minesweeper badge company. Regards

Default Re: My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Beauty Ingrid!
    Many thanks Ardian!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection
    P
    Many

Beauty Ingrid!
    Indeed !
    Prost ! Steve.

Beauty Ingrid!
    Agreed Ingrid!
    You know I like this one!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Steve and Ralph.

I'm hoping to add an ordensspange next.

As a novice I have a few questions to post to what I see as experts in the field of 57er Iron Crosses and their construction.
    I understand that by definition the I ron Cross has an iron core. And I understand that they were made of three pieces with a frame of silver around the iron core. Did any manufacturer ever produce an Iron Cross made entirely of one peice construction? That would be counter to the concept of the Iron Cross. Also:
    What are the differences in the frames over the years?
    I went through the postings and can't seem to see differences in some War Badge construction when comparing actual badges to fake badges. Is there a site here in the states that I may go to to acquire original 57er decorations. I know about eMedals and ebay.
    Is there a group here in the States that I may join to compare notes and talk about 57er awards?
    I hope to send Photos of the 57er awards I have acquired and get your comments.
    Thanks for your help. R/ Tom

I understand that by definition the Iron Cross has an iron core. And I understand that they were made of three pieces with a frame of silver around the iron core. Did any manufacturer ever produce an Iron Cross made entirely of one peice construction? That would be counter to the concept of the Iron Cross. Also:
    What are the differences in the frames over the years?
    I think you mean the 57er EKs specifically? The frames are made of nickelsilver, just like the TR examples were. There are five known manufacturers of 57er EKs, namely: S&L, Deumer, Deschler, Souval and Assmann. The cores weren't always of iron, Deschler EKs and the modern crap by S&L have unmagnetic cores.

The only company I know of that made their EKs in one piece, is Souval. They are casted and ugly IMO.

I went through the postings and can't seem to see differences in some War Badge construction when comparing actual badges to fake badges. Is there a site here in the states that I may go to to acquire original 57er decorations. I know about eMedals and ebay.
    I don't know of any sites in the States, other than eMedals. Do a quick search on google and I'm sure you will find some other sites that sell 57ers, if not in the States, abroad. But first learn how to recognize early from late.

Is there a group here in the States that I may join to compare notes and talk about 57er awards?
    I hope to send Photos of the 57er awards I have acquired and get your comments.
    You can post them here on this forum if you want, but I would advice you to have a look on WAF and GCA forum also.

Regards

Tom, Ingrid is absolutely spot on !...I can not add any more to what she has stated...as for groups to join in order to discuss these great underestimated awards, you are already in it ! Here ! please post any of your items and or any questions you may have, we will be happy to answer or discuss any time......
    Prost ! Steve.

Beautiful minesweeper Ingrid.

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    Beautiful minesweeper Ingrid.
    Thanks Kevin.

Thanks much for the info. It's a big help. R/ Tom

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast