MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.

Article about: Gents....after some searching, much bidding (and failing!) I have been successful in obtaining my first example of the Bundeswehr's earliest and first Dress tunic....The "Ausgehanzug&qu

Default My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.

Gents....after some searching, much bidding (and failing!) I have been successful in obtaining my first example of the Bundeswehr's earliest and first Dress tunic....The "Ausgehanzug" a double breasted 4 row buttoned, two pocket dress tunic for NCO'S and Officers, it is for an Unteroffizier of the "Feldzeugtruppe". Manufactured in November 1956....and upgraded around mid 1957 with Litzen Collar patches, and tresse around the shoulder straps, prior to this modification it would of sported both U.S. style metal collar badges and metal rank insignia devices on the boards...Regulations specified that this style of tunic were worn by NCO's from the rank of "Unteroffizier mit Portepee" (Feldwebel) and above,with the addition of "Altgold" piping to the collar...This example is clearly below that rank and has had no piping in place, such anomalies existed as regulations were often either misunderstood or neglected ! This style of tunic was replaced by the M1958 Dienstrock the first version of the four pocket style tunic still worn today.
    This is not an "Affenjacke" (literally "Monkey jacket !) that was a short double breasted 3 row buttoned jacket with no pockets, for wear by all personal from enlisted man to General. I will show such a tunic, as I have managed to aquire one...when it arrives. Hope you like it !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.   My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.  

My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.   My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.  

My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.  
    Last edited by oradour; 07-26-2012 at 12:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.
    P
    Many