Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

my small but growing BW collection

Article about: jAMES, first made in 1959, but designated the M60, it is the second type/version, the first type having smaller solid liner fingers...see here.... Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: my small but growing BW collection

jAMES, first made in 1959, but designated the M60, it is the second type/version, the first type having smaller solid liner fingers...see here....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my small but growing BW collection
    P
    Many

hi steve thanks for this information it has been a revelation on the diversity of these superb helmets ,so let me get this into my thick head , i have the 2nd version of the earlier m60? ,i know its a daft question and i am in no way undermining what you have said but is it possible the cork liner spacers increase in thickness to suit a different shell size ,to my untrained eye it looks identical to the first version and i would never of spotted this minor difference can i ask externally do the rivits differ in diameter also would this version of been fitted with a cammo cover of any sort ,i just cant believe how many variations there are ,i guess ive got another version to track down now doh ,thanks again james

hi steve after doing some research on this helmet i see there are two versions i guess i just couldnt see the differences but i can now it seems to be more down to the liner used than the shell the one thing i notice is the perforated liner fingers on the second version ,its all a big learning curve for me so please forgive my ignorance thanks james

No problem James....I have to find that first version as well, all a bit confusing is it not ! Just waiting for my latest purchase, an BW M56 Zwieteilige (M1 style), a 56 Quist made example in great condition, complete with "Splittertarn" (Splinter pattern) cammo cover....I will post when it arrives, it has only taken me two years to find ! I already have an M56 liner in my collection....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection   my small but growing BW collection  

my small but growing BW collection  

More great helets James.....the M60 (both types) are on our list of course and the Zwieteilige as well however, I'm guessing that one's going to get a bit pricy if I do ever manage to stumble upon a complete one. We should have all our latest aquisitions in hand by next week hopefully and will post all at once, still waiting for one straggler and a cover to add to one new lid.

steve you are very lucky to nail one of these earlier lids im sure it will be the crowning glory of your collection have you any idea where i could purchase the west german helmet net i can only find east german and russ as always i look forward to to your latest purchases thanks james

my latest find a nice od sidecap dated 1979my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

James, part of the moleskin uniform, nice little inexpensive cap..see here for more information on soft capos and berets Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....
    Prost ! Steve.

here's some updated pics of my bundeswehr helmet grouping enjoy jamesmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

just an update on my small collection ,the main focus of collecting for me has always been around headgear ,mainly helmets but lately ive diversified to more softer headwear after i picked up a russian tanker helmet ,then an iraqi rupublican guard beret ,caps have never really appealed to me but when i saw this bundeswehr example i just fell in love with it ,it a post war example but to my untrained eye has echoes of ww2 caps maybe its the roundel and wreaths and the silver thread ,i think its a really nice smart example ,dated 1968 and the maker is carl jsken ,it also helps to kick start my bundeswehr collecting again as ive not added anything new for a while ,also i picked up some unissued patches which i believe were introduced around 1955 for mountain and tank troops to be sewn, respectively, on their caps and berets. The colour would match the olive green uniform, if anybody can add more information on the cap that would be great ,im wondering what rank would of worn this ,ive been told an officer ,hope you enjoy ,jamesmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection
    Regards James

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast