Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

my small but growing BW collection

Article about: jAMES, first made in 1959, but designated the M60, it is the second type/version, the first type having smaller solid liner fingers...see here.... Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: my small but growing BW collection

Great that you found one James ! they are usually dated...but I can not make one out on yours...heres mine, same maker, different US number, yours has a higher US number, so probably made a couple of years after mine, say around 1965....they were worn from the early 1960's, up to the introduction of the black Panzer beret 1969-1970. Later ones were edged in black leather....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my small but growing BW collection
    P
    Many

many thanks steve , this one was an overseas purchase from america in fact ,when i realised what it was i quickly made the purchase ,i just didnt want to mistakenly pick up a spare hard cap beret as it seems a bit pointless on its own , thanks for the maker tag for comparison ,yes the same codeba red stitching very much like the hard version ,pity mine has no exact date but at first i thought it was blotted out under the A decommision stamp ,at least i have a rough idea now mid 60's is still a fine vintage ,the materials like the felt and the inner liner are identical to the hard cap version ,thanks for your great input as always ,regards james
    Regards James

another pre 1970 cap pickup ,this one is dated 1965 maker peter kupper KG and size 56 its a nice dark grey with yellow piping ,the peak is black but green underside ,ive been trying to id this one from the bundeswehr caps thread am i right in saying an officer of army signal corps ? if im wrong please correct me ,its in need of a little tlc with loose stitching here and there ,it will be a mini project ,thanks james my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection
    Regards James

James, a very nice enlisted mans/NCO's peaked cap, not an Officers....of the type worn between 1962-1969...you are correct, it is piped in "Zitronengelb" (Lemon yellow) for "Fernmeldetruppe" (Signals troops). James...Beware, they are very addictive to collect ! See this thread for more information.. Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection   my small but growing BW collection  

many thanks steve for the information regarding my latest cap and on what rank of personnel that would of worn it ,also id like to compliment you on a superb collection of cap's and beret's such a broad range ,i had no idea what i started when i purchased my first one,cheers james
    Regards James

Your welcome James...for reference purposes, here's some Officers caps....very different from EM/NCO's caps. These Officers caps can still be worn today it is up to personal choice, however most Officers seem to choose the beret !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection   my small but growing BW collection  

Attachment 523046Attachment 523047some more pick ups for the post war german shelf a really nice gebirgsjaeger cap in the m43 style ,its such a nice well made piece im really impressed ,the only thing im disappointed with is the labels been carefully removed ,but still very nice ,i just need to procure a nice edelweiss cap badge to complete ,also a military police cap,it is dated 1994 so after the fall of the berlin wall ,again i just need to find a nice period insignia badge to complete ,im getting there slowly ,enjoy jamesmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionAttachment 523046Attachment 523047
    Last edited by James C; 06-09-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Regards James

my small but growing BW collection
    Regards James

here's another pick up allthough not entirely bundeswehr a west german Bundesgrenzschutz poncho i believe this pattern cammo is called sumpftarn ,it will be put on display with my BW items so thought i might as well share here as anywhere else i just need to pick up a correct m43 cap my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection
    Regards James

James...not much known about the smock by myself, as I cleared out my BGS stuff bar a few helmets....but the M43 cap in sumpftarn is very, very rare and is copied/faked.......you will pick up the green woolen Police style M43 easier....I have been told that huge amounts of the printed unused sumpftarn cloth in rolls were sold...some quantities ending up in China !
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast