Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

my small but growing BW collection

Article about: jAMES, first made in 1959, but designated the M60, it is the second type/version, the first type having smaller solid liner fingers...see here.... Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: my small but growing BW collection

oh dear ,thanks for letting me know this steve ,i wonder wether the smocks were copied also now, knowing this about the rolls sold on ,the finish is very shinny its more like a waterproof membrane as for the date of manufacture i really dont know ,but hope it isnt post 2000thanks again james
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my small but growing BW collection
    P
    Many

James....BGS stuff is now very collectable...more I think than BW stuff, so if there is money to be made, the fakers will be at work...However as I stated, I do not know about the smock...it was produced and used in the BGS, I am sure I have seen a photo of it in use by a BGS man with a light panzerfaust....I will see if I can find it !
    Prost ! Steve.

Here we are James....it is described in the photo shot as wearing an apron/zelt, it does indeed look like a zelt to me (note the buttons)..and its not a panzerfaust but a grenade launcher on an FN G1. I also show a BGS trooper in full sumpftarn cammo.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection   my small but growing BW collection  

many thanks for the superb referance pictures steve mine looks very much in the style of the first picture you show ,i wonder wether mine could be a latter version ,cheers james
    Regards James

ive done a little bit of research on the waterproof apron and it looks to be the final 3rd pattern sumpfmuster issued from the mid 1960's up till end of production in 1976
    Regards James

Quote by col james View Post
    ive done a little bit of research on the waterproof apron and it looks to be the final 3rd pattern sumpfmuster issued from the mid 1960's up till end of production in 1976
    Good news James...thanks for letting us know......
    Prost ! Steve.

ive been fooling around with the BW display ,i wanted to display more of the Bundesgrenzschutz apron as it wasnt shown off to its best ,also i found a nice Deutschland Beer Stein i picked up last year from the rhine valley to complete the display ,thanks for the m43 cap info steve ,i have now noticed a lot of reproductions out there ,im sure in time i will find something suitable my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection
    Regards James

James, that looks great !...cool use of the Stein !
    Prost ! Steve.

thanks for the nice feedback steve ,it means a lot ive also found a good referance picture of a similar apron/poncho to mine my small but growing BW collectioncheers james
    Regards James

another update after doing a little more research on the label ,it appears to be dated 1970 my small but growing BW collection
    Regards James

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast