Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

my small but growing BW collection

Article about: jAMES, first made in 1959, but designated the M60, it is the second type/version, the first type having smaller solid liner fingers...see here.... Prost ! Steve.

next up a pair of mint unissued gaitors dated 1963,im not sure if these are for early bundeswehr use or bgs use ,im thinking bgs as they have the same word pausch stamped in ink as does my bgs breadbag again im guessing this is the maker mark?my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my small but growing BW collection
    P
    Many

next up is something ive been after for ages and finnaly tracked one down a zeltbahn hood for the poncho ,i believe this is called amoeba 57 pattern ,i have plans to fit this in some way to one of my steel pots ,it has a slighty lighter reverse side,well thats all for now folks,james my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

James, the gaiters where worn in the Bundeswher from round 1956 to the late 1960's/early 1970's...usually with the Affenjacke, arbeitszug and filzlouse woolen uniforms.....with the later moleskin tunics, soldiers tended to use the "Gummi" bands.....interesting that the very early gaiters were in black leather ! They were worn with the short style ankle boot.
    The BGS jacket is a great find, and should display well with the arm shield and rocker reapplied with collar patches, they should be fairly easy to find...the shoulder straps show the rank of "Grenztruppjager".
    The amoebatarn hood actually doubles as a storage bag for the matching zelt, with the zeltbahn in the bag there is a compartment in the large rucksack for its storage, despite having belt loops, it was never worn on the belt. But it was usual for the zelt to be worn "horse shoe" shaped around the top and sides of the large rucksack in the Prussian/Wehrmacht style !
    Prost ! Steve.

many thanks steve on the gaitors use in the bw , ,this style reminds me greatly of the ww2 period gaitors ,thanks for confirming my thoughts on the jacket ,i definately will look out for the correct insignia to restore it ,also many thanks for the rank indentification thanks also for explaining about the amoebatarn hood ,very interesting that it had multiuses ,,im hoping i can keep it as is ,without cutting it down to make a helmet cover for my Luftlandertruppe helmet ,hopefully i can just tuck it inside my then reapply the net ,i will post some pictures of the results ,its been a cammo pattern on my want list for so long so im really pleased now to find one ,in your opinion would it matter which side to display ,one definately seems more tan coloured than the reverse side which has more greenish hues ,cheers james

well ive had a go at fitting the amoebatarn cover to my Luftlandertruppe helmet ,and without cutting the material at all ,i decided to go for the more greener side of the zelt im really chuffed to bits with the results placed next to my flecktarn covered gefechtshelm i can see some similiarities in the pattern design also ive put my new tunic in my war room fitting it with a cap temporarily untill i fit the correct headgear ,here's some pics so far ,enjoy jamesmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

as i was up early before work i decided to revise the bgs tunic/jacket display it just didnt look right with the later peaked capmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

?

I never tire of seeing your acquisitions . Thanks for sharing , James !

Great display James !....your helmet cover is just what plenty of BW troops did with there zelt bags, they also got their company tailor or girlfriends/mothers to knock up helmet covers made from cut up zelts ! or they begged borrowed or stole fellow NATO soldiers helmet covers....I have seen BW truppen in British and U.S. pattern cammo helmet covers !....remember it was not until the early 1990's that the first ever BW helmet cover in flecktarn was issued ! Heres part of my helmet cover collection............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection   my small but growing BW collection  

many thanks for the kind comments dean and steve steve your trio of bw lids look superb ,i can see your Luftlandertruppe has a tailor made amoebatarn cover compared to my rough and ready example ,it looks great ,not wanting to break with tradition im going to have to twist my wifes arm to get the sewing machine out thanks again james

steve ive done a few pictures of my helmet/covers line up ,its reassuring to know ive done something right fitting these us covers to my earlier steel helms ,thanks james my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast