Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

my small but growing BW collection

Article about: jAMES, first made in 1959, but designated the M60, it is the second type/version, the first type having smaller solid liner fingers...see here.... Prost ! Steve.

excellent stuff steve ,thanks for clearing that up i had a little inclination but wasnt 100% and ill look forward to seeing your latest cap once it arrives ,thanks james

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my small but growing BW collection
    P
    Many

James I intended to post these photograph's regarding the gaiters you showed earlier....here's my pair with correct style of ankle boots from the mid 1950's to the mid 1960's, notice the recruit wearing his amongst the others who wear the long marching boot with affenjacke's around 1956. There is often conflicting boot wear in early BW photographs ! CLICK ON THE LINK TO VIEW THE IMAGE................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection  
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for the picture of your gaitors on display steve ,they look great showing as to how they would of been fitted over the boot ,very smart unfortunately mine or still in there flat packed state as i just dont have anything suitable to display them with ,but i will keep them stored away safe were these modelled on the us ww2 pattern im sure i read this somewhere ,cheers james

Here's the moleskin version of the cap.................the "arbeitsmutze".
    The BW gators are actually virtually the same as the gators introduced late in WW2 by the Wehrmacht !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection  

thanks for the info on the gaitors ,now that does suprise me the cap looks great ,and certainly has echoes of the earlier style , thanks again james

as ive got a few bits modern bw stuff on its way i thought id start off with this flectarn cap in a size 61 ,finally i can find one that fits my big head ,its unissued and in nice condition dated 1998 ,my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

These are great cammo hats/caps, that in my opinion follow the tradition in the German military for such items ! ...and still very inexpensive, every BW collection should have at least two !
    Prost ! Steve.

thanks steve, my latest pickup ,again in the modern flectarn pattern a field shirt /jacket i say jacket as it has a zip as well as pop studs dated 1998 and as you can see im slowly puting the pieces together into one displaymy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

Nice Flecktarn display James.....if you know anyone with a sewing machine, you need to add some badges ! or at the very least add some rank slip ons and arm of service cord...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my small but growing BW collection   my small but growing BW collection  

my small but growing BW collection  

cracking shirt/jacket steve ,the insignia make it all the more special in my opinion ,my flectarn parka has the Oberstleutnant's rank sleeves but the under jacket only bears the shoulder tricolours only ,here's a latest update on the bw caps displaymy small but growing BW collection

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast