Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My small contemporary Bundeswehr collection.

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors, thought I would share with you my small collection, nothing special or rare, although saying that I would appreciate some information about the Modell D Trousers which

I do not know what you mean by model "A" ?.....are you referring to the ink stamped "A" hand stamped on most, but not all surplus BW items ? ("A" as in "Aussonderung"/"ausgesondert" meaning unserviceable).........Your jacket is a second pattern moleskin field/combat jacket, used from around 1974 to 1985, which doubled when tucked into the trousers as a shirt ! that is what the tapes are for that run up the front of the jacket, or perhaps they should be referred to as "suspension tapes" as an internal tape/belt ran inside the waistband of the trousers, which the wearer threaded through one the loops in the suspension tapes (there are three such loops on each tape to accomodate for different heights of the wearer) to stop the shirt from riding up and out of the trouser, when worn tucked into the trousers as a shirt !
    As a moleskin shirt was later adopted for wear the tapes were deemed unnecessary so the third pattern moleskin tunic (1986-late 1990's) which had no suspension tapes......
    These jackets are becoming rare to obtain, even on E-Bay, so to get one for 99p is an absolute bargain ! well done you !
    Prost ! steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small contemporary Bundeswehr collection.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    I do not know what you mean by model "A" ?.....are you referring to the ink stamped "A" hand stamped on most, but not all surplus BW items ? ("A" as in "Aussonderung"/"ausgesondert" meaning unserviceable).........Your jacket is a second pattern moleskin field/combat jacket, used from around 1974 to 1985, which doubled when tucked into the trousers as a shirt ! that is what the tapes are for that run up the front of the jacket, or perhaps they should be referred to as "suspension tapes" as an internal tape/belt ran inside the waistband of the trousers, which the wearer threaded through one the loops in the suspension tapes (there are three such loops on each tape to accomodate for different heights of the wearer) to stop the shirt from riding up and out of the trouser, when worn tucked into the trousers as a shirt !
    As a moleskin shirt was later adopted for wear the tapes were deemed unnecessary so the third pattern moleskin tunic (1986-late 1990's) which had no suspension tapes......
    These jackets are becoming rare to obtain, even on E-Bay, so to get one for 99p is an absolute bargain ! well done you !
    Prost ! steve.
    Hi Steve, I thought ( hoped) it might have been a Truppenversuch Model A kindly shown by HPL2008, but again looking on the website kindly supplied by him I can make out the differences. I was also going to query what the suspension tapes were for so thanks for clearing that one up, and for the information regarding these jackets and their usage and timeframes.I am very pleased to have picked this one up for such a cheap price.

Many thanks again,regards Opex.

Hi Opex, I understand now !
    Truppenversuch items will always be marked on the label, you are correct......however one could make a collection of these trial pieces on there own, there is a huge variety of such items over the past 58 years or so !
    I do not own any in my collection, as most I have been offered have been barmy prices ! Unless bought cheaply I will not bother....
    Here are my examples, first, second and third pattern jackets, notice the differences.............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small contemporary Bundeswehr collection.   My small contemporary Bundeswehr collection.  

?

Hi Steve, excellent collection of field Jackets, I am very impressed and especially with the addition of the patches,lanyards etc. Also very useful for me to identify the differences in the pattern's, thank you for posting your's up.

I have placed many bid's this week for these Bundeswehr Jacket's on ebay, and today discovered I have won another, which I am guessing is another 2nd Pattern judging by the sellers photo, the jacket has what I believe to be a Luftwaffe insignia on it, I will post it here when it arrived for your valued opinion

?

Here's a few more Bundeswehr items from my collection , a pair of OG Moleskin Trousers, an OG Parka and liner, and a black overdyed Flecktarn Parka, these seem common though I am not sure why, did the German department of defence overdye these black for a reason ??, thanks for looking Opex

very nice bundeswehr collection opexthanks for showing what nice items you have
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    I second that Gary,great BW items,very imformative thread,thanks for sharing......

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Many thanks for looking and your compliments James,most appreciated as ever buddy

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I second that Gary,great BW items,very imformative thread,thanks for sharing......
    Thanks Jake, I am on a steep learning curve regarding Bundeswehr clothing !, but totally agree this is a very informative thread

Opex, nice BW items there ! Thanks for showing.....
    Some Surplus dealers in BW clothing sometimes alter the uniform items to enhance the "Fashion" desirability, thus helping sales, the dyeing of Parkas/field jackets is one such practice....they would not of been worn in the BW like that.........I have even seen tunics cut down into baseball style with woolen elasticated waists and cuffs !
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast