Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My War Room

Article about: Yep thats how I was but mate its hard to sit back and watch the prices of things rise higher and higher and the fakes get better and better. Not to mention the bulls@#t that often accompanie

Default Re: My War Room

Yep thats how I was but mate its hard to sit back and watch the prices of things rise higher and higher and the fakes get better and better. Not to mention the bulls@#t that often accompanies collecting such contentious items. You know what I mean..." thats a fake"...."no its not"...yes it is because it dont look like mine" etc etc. I have found most collectors of Imperial german items are more helpful in their approach and as for BRD the few collectors that there are are all very friendly and just as passionate about their hobby as any military collector. What really won me over was the jacket I posted recently on this forum from a feldwebel in the 11th Panzer Grenadier Division. It is a beauty and makes all the Wehrmacht tunics I have look downright shabby.

Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My War Room
    P
    Many

Very nice collection!Thanks for showing.

Regards

Hey Phil
    Check your local Aussie disposals! ASAP!!! my mate found me this for $20

Thats the trouble with living in a seaside country town.....there are no disposal stores nearby. Nearest one would be Newcastle I guess so I will take you advice Rene and pay it a visit when I am down that way next. Mate that is a good find and good price with no added costs like postage. Well done but this icon really says how I feel LOL

Phil

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey Phil
    Check your local Aussie disposals! ASAP!!! my mate found me this for $20
    Rene, nice late (1990's) "Wachtbataillon" (Guards) tunic, unfortunatly your mate will find it extremely difficult to obtain shoulder boards for it !.....Phil, great collection and well displayed ! a credit ! please post the "Marine" tunic.....super !
    Prost ! Steve.

Steve here is a pic of the Marine jacket. Not my normal cup of tea but I couldnt resist it when it come up for sale. I do have a bit of a soft spot for Navy even though I am fairly strict with my collecting (army only). As you can see the officer served at sea and has a gold proficiency badge and gold aircraft controllers trade. I am confused with this as I am pretty sure the German Navy does not have any aircraft carriers (or maybe it does) so where does an aircraft controller fit in on board a ship. Could it be for helicopters perhaps? Anyway hope you like it.

Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My War Room   My War Room  

Quote by Phil Steele View Post
    Thats the trouble with living in a seaside country town.....there are no disposal stores nearby. Nearest one would be Newcastle I guess so I will take you advice Rene and pay it a visit when I am down that way next. Mate that is a good find and good price with no added costs like postage. Well done but this icon really says how I feel LOL

Phil
    No worries and Cheers Phil Just giving ya a heads up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3