Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My West German Helmet

Article about: Gents it would appear that after 1981 it was intended that all steel helmet models were to be upgraded. this list shows all variants of the basic M60/62, sorry for any mistakes, as I have ha

Default Re: My West German Helmet

Gents it would appear that after 1981 it was intended that all steel helmet models were to be upgraded. this list shows all variants of the basic M60/62, sorry for any mistakes, as I have had to translate from French. 1) Models M81 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": shell second type, side edges thin, with interior model 1981 (which has a plastic neck protector added) , with a 2-point chinstrap. 2 external rivets for the chinstrap. Screw head on crown.
    2) M85 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": shell second type, side edges thin, with interior model 1981, with the new 3-point chinstrap. 3 external chinstrap rivets, screw head on crown.

Also old helmets M60/62's were upgraded:

1) M60/85 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": shell first type. Interior model 1981. The 6 old rivet holes are sealed and 3 are added to the 3-point chinstrap. Screw head on crown. This is the standard M85 M60 renovated (9 visible rivets).
    2) M60-62/85 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": first shell type.Interior model 1981. The two old rivet holes of the former interior are sealed, three new rivets are set for the new 3-point chinstrap. Screw head on crown not visible. This is brought to standard M60/62 M85 (5 visible rivets) specification.
    3) M62/85 or M81/85 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": shell second type. interior model 1981. The two rivet holes of the old interior are sealed and three new rivets are set for the new 3-point chinstrap. Screw head on crown visible. This is brought to the M62 or 81 to standard M85 (5 visible rivets) specifications.
    Note: The interior 60 and interior 81 is easily interchangeable, can be found in M60/62 or M62 equipped with interior model 1981 after upgrade. Note, all have the plastic neck protector as part of the 1981 interior package.
    I hope that is clear ! please feel free to update or add any other information.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 03-14-2012 at 01:22 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My West German Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by battle gear View Post
    Google Translate

Note that with the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reconciliation of the two Germanys in the early 90s many of the nets used by East Germany were used in the new German army helmets on M-1A1 .

These nets are made of plastic and are attached to the hull using 10 small hooks, evenly distributed around the circumference of the net.
    Thanks battle gear ! that clears that up...I know nothing about DDR equipment, shame on me !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks again for your thorough reply!!!!!

?

It would seem mine has the 10 point helmet net, NVA style

What is that uhh...M71 Paratrooper?

?

I'm pretty sure this helmet is a standard ground troops type, it would most certainly have a different chin strap set up if it were FJ

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    What is that uhh...M71 Paratrooper?
    Noobkilla.....no it is not an M71 (such a designation not related to anything official), here is the BW Stahlhelm Model Fallschirmjager 1959 paratrooper (M1A1 Luftlandetruppenstahlhelm) helmet...officially known as the M61, quite different to AMTG's helmet... liner, leather chinstrap (a'la WW2) etc ........
    Prost ! Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My West German Helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images My West German Helmet  My West German Helmet 

The BW FJ chinstrap looks very similar to the wartime one. Just a couple of rivets difference. Nice helmets guys!

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    The BW FJ chinstrap looks very similar to the wartime one.
    They are often removed and either added to fake M38's or sold as WW2 chinstraps by deceitful people !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I really like that fallschirmjager helmet, as stated similar liner set up to WW2.....

Another helmet to add to the list, thanks for the photos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2