Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New uniform, WW2 Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.

Article about: WOW i like the Kreta campaign bar VERY NICE, Thanks, Glen.

Default New uniform, WW2 Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.

Gents, just put a payment on the following from a dealer in Germany, I usually wait for it to come before posting, but I am quite excited about this one named to a Count....I will use the dealers description and photographs, I know have some research to do on the owner...if anyone knows what the medal ribbon below the main bar is (white/black/yellow/black/white) it would save me some searching.....

"Early Bundeswehr uniform to a WW2 veteran. You can tell by the ribbon bar he was awarded the Kreta cuffband, the War Merite Cross, the 4 years Service Time Medal and two postwar awards such as the Sports Badge. The uniform got the gold-yellow piping which stands for Panzeraufklärer. The shoulder boards come with hand-embroidered stars which is very unusual to see on a service uniform. The tunic comes with the matching pair of trousers. There is a name tag in the inner pocket, however the name has been cut out unfortunately. The uniform was stored in a depot and I found a paper inside telling us the name of the officer: Hauptmann Graf von Saurma. Very nice grouping in good condition! Size M-L. The uniform still comes with the official BUNDESEIGENTUM hanger".
    Please see pictures for condition and details. I suspect that this uniform is as new...and has never been worn...notice the lack of an armsheild, i.e. not assigned.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.   New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.  

New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.   New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.  

New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.   New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.
    P
    Many

Default Re: New uniform, WW2 Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.

Some things are too nice to wait. Great set!

When I saw this in the update I had a feeling you were going to buy it.

Congrats!

Which update was this in?

That is really nice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    When I saw this in the update I had a feeling you were going to buy it.

Congrats!
    I thought the same thing
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Very nice, Steve. Congratulations!

Luke

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Which update was this in?
    Usually Klaus' updates have dates but this one came only with Happy Easter in the title
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Fantastic uniform Steve!! Love the ribbon bar, looks like the whole set was issued yesterday.

Burt

Thanks for the kind words Gents, I have not been well the past few months, so I have not been posting that often as I would of liked, apologies....but if there's something to cheer me up, its got to be this ! ...oh, and this forum and its members of course !
    Prost ! Steve.

and it is from Klaus.......pity I can not afford the Gebirgsjager uniform as well, as its an early 1958 jacket converted to 1963 regulations....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast