Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New uniform, WW2 Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.

Article about: WOW i like the Kreta campaign bar VERY NICE, Thanks, Glen.

Default Re: New uniform, WW2 Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.

WOW i like the Kreta campaign bar VERY NICE,
    Thanks, Glen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.
    P
    Many

Quote by oradour View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Gents, I have not been well the past few months, so I have not been posting that often as I would of liked, apologies....but if there's something to cheer me up, its got to be this ! ...oh, and this forum and its members of course !
    Prost ! Steve.

and it is from Klaus.......pity I can not afford the Gebirgsjager uniform as well, as its an early 1958 jacket converted to 1963 regulations....
    I certainly hope you are feeling better, whatever the problem was. I'm sure receiving this uniform will help with that!

I have not been well the past few months,
    I hope nothing serious and i wish for things to get better for you Steve.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Gents, just put a payment on the following from a dealer in Germany, I usually wait for it to come before posting, but I am quite excited about this one

Great addition, Steve! Congrats.

Regards

Ladies & Gents....after much trawling on the net, found the elusive ribbon, the one below the 57er bar..it is the "Order of Military Merit" (Bulgaria). Now to find some information on the original owner of the uniform, "Hauptmann (Captain) Graf (Count) von Saurma".
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.  

Hi Steve, forgive my ignorance. What was the prerequisites for a German officer to be awarded a medal of another country?
    Maybe he served in Bulgaria during WWII?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Hi Steve, forgive my ignorance. What was the prerequisites for a German officer to be awarded a medal of another country?
    Maybe he served in Bulgaria during WWII?
    I do not know the precise regulations, but certain foreign awards, those of Axis partners (during WW2 and WW1), could and were awarded to German personal either serving in (as advisors for example) or with, especially in defence of that particular axis partners country. This evens occurs today in the Bundeswehr..it is common to see fellow partners in NATO awards on a soldats tunic, including U.S. medals. Interesting to note that besides their Axis partners, the Bulgarians presented "republic" WW II-related decorations to a number of Allied personnel as late as 1950 ! I think mainly Russians.....for deeds after Bulgaria "turned".
    Prost ! Steve.

Aha, thanks for the info mate.

Ladies and Gentlemen...the tunic has duly arrived and is even better in hand ! the cut and quality is outstanding ! upon examination there is no evidence of an armshield being on this tunic, as does not appear to have been worn, I think this was a spare uniform...or it dates from around 1962/63. Here is what my frieind a retired BW "Oberstleutnant" said about the Aufklärer uniform..... "I know the Panzeraufklärer have always been a little “more elegant and noble” and I am not astonished to see the hand embroidered rank pips".... I am still researching the name "Graff von Saurma"....there are several living von Saurma's at large throughout Germany, from Munich to Hamburg...they descend from a line of Counts dating back to 1647, there are some famous von Saurmas throughout history !...their full and correct title is " Graff von Saurma-Jeltsch, their ancestorial home in Silesia was in Jelcz-Laskowice (in German, Jeltsch-Laskowitz) Poland near to Breslau (now Wroclaw) and is a ruin...they, shall we say, had to leave after 1945...now to trace the von Saurma who wore this tunic !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.   New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.  

Attached Images Attached Images New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA. 

Another shot of this uniform on display.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New uniform, WW2  Vet, Including 57er bar, KRETA.  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2