Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Sumpfmuster camo shirt (Cut in US OG107 pattern)

Article about: Hi, Recently I bought an odd camo shirt off of ebay. It features the BGS border guard Sumpfmuster camo pattern, but the shirt itself is a clone of the US OG107 fatigues. It features the exac

Default Odd Sumpfmuster camo shirt (Cut in US OG107 pattern)

Hi,

Recently I bought an odd camo shirt off of ebay. It features the BGS border guard Sumpfmuster camo pattern, but the shirt itself is a clone of the US OG107 fatigues. It features the exact same buttons and pocket layout as the OG107!

Now, I know this is not an issued item, but I'm curious as to where it DID come from. Googling the tag info doesnt bring up anything. Its not sewn from surplus BGS fabric, the cloth is far too lightweight (think of a dress shirt thickness instead of field shirt or jacket material). This would also rule it out of being a hunting shirt, since it'd probably be too fragile.

I'm guessing it was made for the US civilian market, and the choice to use the OG107 as a pattern perhaps reflects the contemporary military uniform of that time period (Much like what mil-tec does today reproducing old patterns in the BDU cut)

Anyone have any info on this? I bought it mainly to have a wearable example of this cool camo, but it would be fascinating to know where it came from.

Photos below, comparing it to one of my OG507 durapress uniforms. The tag has a NSN stock number, but searching it gives no leads. Not sure what that company is, either.
    Odd Sumpfmuster camo shirt (Cut in US OG107 pattern)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Sumpfmuster camo shirt (Cut in US OG107 pattern)
    P
    Many

I'd say it's commercially made for hunting/fishing etc, as far as i'm aware no other armed forces used this pattern of camo!.....
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 02-11-2017 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

?

Cool

Neat as hell! I'd like to find one large enuf to fit me, I'd wear it occasionally!
    I have always like that pattern.
    Sarge

CBH
    ?

Mine too Sarge , I have a couple of Border-Guard long coats that I love to wear in the woods , had a few 4 pocket jackets but always too small for me so I sold them on . Really wish I hadn't now , great pattern .