Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This one is a proper item.

Article about: Ok, so after finding the Bundeswehr tunic on flea-bay with it's tampered with decorations, a fellow forum member and I came to an agreement by where I will take ownership of this tunic and v

Quote by abqpropguy View Post
    Beautiful uniform and hat!!!
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This one is a proper item.
    P
    Many

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Well, these are heading to a good home and will remain there for quite some time. I am glad to have them.
    I know and my congratulations.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I know and my congratulations.
    Thank you.

A nice tunic and cap!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A nice tunic and cap!
    Thanks Steve! Now to try to find a nice DDR uniform!

In order to help in the event a novice may wonder and to better acquaint myself with the insignia and decorations, I will try to explain the items as they are on this tunic.
    First off, the owner was a member of the Heer technical services, as indicated by the light blue waffenfarbe. The medical services used a darker blue waffenfarbe. The rank as indicated by the shoulderboards is Fähnrich, or officer candidate. The patch on the left shoulder, crossed swords over a letter S, is for the Office of Army Development training school, and is bordered in the blue waffenfarbe for the technical services. On the left breast pocket is the Abzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst (German Armed Forces Badge for Military Proficiency) in gold. Above the right breast pocket are two Tätigkeitsabzeichen, or trade badges. On top, with two crossed swords centrally located is the Persönlichen Im Allgemeinen Heeresdienst badge. This is for General Service of the Army. Below that, with a gear and what appears to be an atomic model centrally located is the Logistischer Dienst – technischen Personal, for Logistics service in the Technical Staff. Dropping down to the embroidered patch centered on the right breast pocket is found the Einzelkämpfer Stufe 2 badge, signifying the second level of "ranger" training. Lastly, attached under the right shoulder board and the under the open front is the Heer Schützenschnur in gold.

This should cover all of them. By all means, if anyone has any corrections at all, I will be happy to do an edit.
    Hope this may help someone at some point.

So, I have the pleasure to say that these items have now been added to my collection. They are a great addition! I have one question in regard to the tunic and trousers. What are the dates of manufacture on the tags?
    The top tag(sorry about orientation) is the trousers and the bottom is the tunic.
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2