Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........

Article about: The "Panzerhaube" a leather padded helmet for wear by both armoured and soft skin vehicle crews in the BW....complete with integrated comm system, ear speakers and boom style mic,

Default Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........

The "Panzerhaube" a leather padded helmet for wear by both armoured and soft skin vehicle crews in the BW....complete with integrated comm system, ear speakers and boom style mic, just wear and plug into the vehicles radio system !.....This helmet replaced the disliked hard Panzer beret shown in post #1, in the 1970's and still worn today......looks similar to the Soviet style tankers helmets, do you not think ? Shown with standard issue BW goggles, with detachable sun visor !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........   Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........

Hi Steve, cannot really recall ever seeing one of these before. I can see the influence as you say.

Thanks for showing it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

...............another popular configuration whilst the crew of a soft skinned vehicle, was the wearing of a headphone set and separate throat microphones over the beret, as shown here........I also show a similar set in use....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........   Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........  

Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........   Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........  

very nice steve ,im not familiar with this type headgear i can see echoes of the soviet and chinese style tank helmet ,it looks to have a high quality build and i bet comfortable to wear too thanks for sharing your fine example

Hi thanks James...I have plenty of photographs showing this "padded helmet" in use in the 1990's, the trouble is, they are not very clear being long distance and in black & white !...........this "Tamiya" models illustration is probably the best for reference purposes.......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........  

hi steve ,ive done a little research myself and found these pictures of your example in use ,if you dont mind id like to share them with you Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........

also here's another picture showing the soft beret and headphone set up as you have shown in use ,thanks jamesPanzer leather padded helmet/cap.........

Great photo's James, I have not seen before ! thanks for sharing................I do not mind at all, please post away !
    Prost ! Steve.

TCL
    ?

Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........

Hello,
    I joined today, found the forum by searching for "Wehrpass Bundeswehr". So, I prefer to read, but I just wanted to show you 2 pics and a "naturall helmet".
    These tanks are on the way and at a break at a shooting training, should be 1979. You can see the TRP (TC, optic) was used to rest the communication set.
    Hope you understand me english.
    Thomas

Thomas, welcome to the forum and especially the Bundeswehr section ! Thanks for these photographs, I would imagine most tankers at one time or another have flouted regulations and gone bare headed ! Also just berets were worn at times...here's a great photo of an M48 Patton tanks sometime in the early 1960's.....their crews wearing soft headware, the beret and M43 style work cap.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........  
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzer leather padded helmet/cap.........