Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

panzergrenadier tunic

Article about: right good information steve ive got my eye on a 70s/80s private purchase signals tunic that is the next rank board up i will post when i get that and that would probably have had 57ers on i

Default panzergrenadier tunic

hi lads

remember that tunic in the sticky thread with no medals or a tie well thats changed
    the medals are:
    Beilefeld police sports medal
    16 october 1988 marathon
    Frankfurt 1988 maraton
    marksman award for pistol
    liberation of kuwait ribbon
    panzergrenadier tunicpanzergrenadier tunicpanzergrenadier tunicpanzergrenadier tunicpanzergrenadier tunic

thanks for looking i hope to add a knights cross iron cross and a few other 57s

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement panzergrenadier tunic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: panzergrenadier tunic

Very nice tunic Tom it displays well with the hardware that you have on it now!!.You will have to show more photos as you dress it out a little mre with the other awards.

Regards Mark K

thanks mark yeah i think ill do a step by step glad you like it

tom

very nice tunic tom where did you get all the medals from

the marathon ones and liberation of kuiwait are my dads service ones when he went to germany he ran a few other marathons as well but the medals woundn't all fit on

tom

Looks terrific mate, well done!

thanks sandgroper

tom

Tom....er...those are nice medals, but I dont think they belong on that tunic ? neither will a knights cross or any other 57 as the tunic is not old enough nor of a high rank to justify....any logic/method why you have them displayed as such ?
    Prost ! Steve.

steve no logic involved i am sourcing out at the moment some rank pinks to make it up to an obgerstabgreger i know from my dad who won the medals that a lot of bundeswehr soldiers took part in the marathons and during the 1st gulf war there was a german liason officer (or something like that) stationed with my dads sqaud
    steve what sort of age would the tunic have to be to have worn 57s

tom

Tom, the age of a man combined with his rank will determine wether a dated tunic can be adorned with 1957 awards (to be a credible representation)....for example...a veteran was 22yrs old in 1945, he rejoined the BW in 1955, at the age 32, ex-soldiers usually rejoined with the rank below that of the rank held at the end of the war...hence an Obergefreiter became a Gefreiter (this arrangement was only in the begining of the BW)...if he became a career soldier and remained in the BW, in 1966 at the age of 43 he would probably be, at that time, a Senior NCO, so your 1966 dated tunic would have to have the appropriate Senior NCO rank insignia applied (he would not of stayed a Hauptgefreiter for 11 years !)...for 1957 awards to be displayed. Most Officer veterans were retiring at around 1972, Senior Officers (Generals) upto 1980, so you can usually work out if your dated tunic could have had 57er awards displayed. Your 66 dated tunic can only go upto Hauptgefreiter rank, as that was the highest rank of Gefreiter at that time (3 diagonal bars), the ranks of "Stabsgefreiter" and "Oberstabsgefreiter" are recently devised ranks in the BW, I believe implemented in the early 1990's. I hope that is clear....basically is the tunic of a rank that a veteran would of worn at the date of manufacture.....IMO yours is not. Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 10-06-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast