Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Post war Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Silver.............

Article about: Gentlemen, my just arrived post war version of the Ostvolkmedaille (Medal for Gallantry and Merit) first class in Silver with swords for bravery, for members of the Eastern Peoples units, th

Default Post war Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Silver.............

Gentlemen, my just arrived post war version of the Ostvolkmedaille (Medal for Gallantry and Merit) first class in Silver with swords for bravery, for members of the Eastern Peoples units, the Silver Ostvolkmedaille, both first and second class, with/without swords, were the the only grade awarded to German members of these units............this one is made by St u L, with closed hinge and small headed pin on hinge/pin assembly, so I would say early 60's made, as opposed to my Gold version which has a large headed pin on the hinge assembly making it a mid 1960's production.
    It will keep my other versions company
    I now only need the Gold second class version to complete the "with swords" set, then I only have to hunt down the full set of "without swords" versions ! Does it never stop !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Silver.............   Post war Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Silver.............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Silver.............
    P
    Many

Nice example Steve. Is this the earliest variant out there?

Regards

like it.