Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Post war Tank destruction badges........

Article about: Gentlemen, I recently acquired these badges, three Souval arm badges.........two tank destruction badges, one Gold, one Silver, and a Silver aircraft destruction badge.....I know very little

Default Post war Tank destruction badges........

Gentlemen, I recently acquired these badges, two tank destruction badges, one Gold by Souval, and a Silver by St u L , I know very little about these badges, obviously post war made by Souval/St u L Didthese makers make this type of badge in the war ?
    I always stayed away from these badges due to the high number of fakes floating around...........So any further information here on the forum about these possible post war versions will be most enlightening for us all. Notice the small details on the tank silhouettes, like the gun barrel lengths, these small differences can help identify the makers of such badges...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Tank destruction badges........   Post war Tank destruction badges........  

Post war Tank destruction badges........   Post war Tank destruction badges........  

Last edited by oradour; 10-15-2014 at 06:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war Tank destruction badges........
    P
    Many

A veteran RKT "Hauptmann Herbert Jaschke" wearing such badges ..........unless of course they are his originals !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Tank destruction badges........  

and he is with Rudel.

Quote by oradour View Post
    A veteran RKT "Hauptmann Herbert Jaschke" wearing such badges ..........unless of course they are his originals !
    As a matter of fact, I think he is not wearing any 1957er decorations... Let's have a look at a magnification:

• 1: Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 4. Klasse with a national eagle device on the ribbon, which shouldn't be there with the 1957er version.
    • 2: Sudetenland medal. Not available in a 1957er version and in fact probhibited from wear under the 1957 law.
    • 3: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen with something between the eagle and the crossed bayonet/hand grenade, i.e. in the spot were the Swastika was on the wartime version, whereas the 1957er had the eagle perched directly on the weapons.
    • 4: Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber with something just visible on the helmet where, again, the Swastika would be on a wartime badge but nothing at all on the 1957er.

Perhaps these are de-nazified wartime decorations with only the Swastikas ground off/reworked?

I dug around a bit more and actually managed to find a photograph of Jaschke's awards and decorations! He really did wear de-nazified ones:

(Source: Militaria Relics - World War II Antiques & Collectibles )

Great detective work Andreas !!
    Nothing to stop him wearing his wartime awards as long as they were denazified.......he is lucky to have all his original medals ! as most members of the Wehrmacht found theirs to be "war booty" !
    This of course means his TDB are probably his originals !
    Thanks for theser posts Andreas.
    Prost ! Steve.

Rarely seen on a 57er ribbon bar....bottom bar in this group of three....it is of later construction, note the rear of all three.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Tank destruction badges........   Post war Tank destruction badges........