MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RK 1957 With Oakleaves.

Article about: Hello Gents here is a Cross & Oakleaves I'm looking at purchasing..Can anybody help me out with how much I should be paying for such an item? It comes with a piece of ribbon as well!!! T

?

Default RK 1957 With Oakleaves.

Hello Gents here is a Cross & Oakleaves I'm looking at purchasing..Can anybody help me out with how much I should be paying for such an item? It comes with a piece of ribbon as well!!! Thank you very much Terry. OS I could ask for more photos if needed.?? RK 1957 With Oakleaves.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RK 1957 With Oakleaves.
    P
    Many

Default Re: RK 1957 With Oakleaves.

Hi Terry.....looks to be either a "C" frame (approx early 60's to mid 70's)or a so called by collector's, a "D" frame (late 70's to early 90's).....get some close ups of the 3 & 6'o clock arms (to look for known "C" frame flaws) and ask for rear & rear close up shot of Oaks....this is to see if cast or die stamped/and to check for the two known flaws on Oaks.....You must ask if core is magnetic.....Close up photos wood be good...I am leaning towards a more modern "D" frame at the moment based on this photo....What does he want for the Cross..you can pm the price if you want.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Cheers Steve I have asked for more photos & the magnetic bit!!!..I will wait for the photos when I have them I will post on here.. Thank you for your time Terry.

?

Hello Gents here is photos of the back!!! & it is a magnetic core.. So I think it ticks all the boxes!!...... I have been informed it has the flaws at the back of the Oak leaves & no markings!! so it isn't a modern day fake!!!.. Cheers Terry. RK 1957 With Oakleaves.
    Last edited by Tango; 06-13-2013 at 06:17 PM.

?

Sorry everybody I'm getting confused myself !! flaws on the front!!!! on the front I say!!! lol Cheers Terry.

Terry...yes indeed, cast copies IMO ! Genuine Oaks can either be or not marked on the rear...those that are show "800" top left side and usually accompanied by a small "o" mark, which is used by St u L .....but wether marked or not they will all have the two known flaws on the front....attached photo shows a modern St u L Swords & Oaks (exhibit the same flaws) the flaws are in green...the red areas show bad workmanship on late, but genuine pieces (failure to cut out details & notice the sword hilt !) ..with thanks for photo, Mathijs.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RK 1957 With Oakleaves.  

?

So what are you saying Steve... The Oaks are good or bad!!!....I will ask for some better pictures!!! wait out!!! lol Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    So what are you saying Steve... The Oaks are good or bad!!!....I will ask for some better pictures!!! wait out!!! lol Cheers Terry.
    They look bad at the moment, but I would need better, close up & detailed photos to confirm either way..... ! I would go for the other RK I spotted......
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks Steve I will see what comes back!!! & keep you posted!!! Cheers Terry.

?

Here we go these are the Oakleaves!!!!. Thanks Terry.RK 1957 With Oakleaves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast