Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Article about: Very nice tunic Steve it appears to have the french style cuffs that I have seen on WW-2 German officer tunics . Regards Mark K

?

Default Re: show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Very nice tunic Steve it appears to have the french style cuffs that I have seen on WW-2 German officer tunics .

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show us bundeswehr parade tunics
    P
    Many

Mark, all Bundeswehr service tunics after 1958, (the introduction of the Grey jacket) all ranks, had double loose cuffs.....what you call "French style", after 1970 only Officers had such cuffs, and even then they tended not be loose, but false cuffs, with a stiched up appearence...later on even Officers dropped the cuff !
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents, another tunic from my collection...a 1981 walking out service tunic for a "Wachtbataillon" (Guard Battalion) Hauptgefrieter, at this time based in Bonn, the capital of West Germany...this soldat would of had another tunic for parades and official duties, much higher in quality than this one, having bullion cufftitle, hand stiched heavily embroidered arm sheild and removable shoulder boards, this tunic was for everyday and walking out use. The tunic displays a "Gold" Proficiency badge and the Battalions on duty breast hanger, it sports the armbadge for its command by the BMVg (Bundesministerium de Verteidigung) the Ministry of Defence. The"Wachtbataillon" although a BW unit was under the direction and command of the Ministry of Defence and performed protocol operations, to defend and protect the Defence Ministry and members of the Fedral Government, it also performed ceremonial duties for visiting foreign VIP's. It also has an Internationally acclaimed drill team. See here for details of the Wachtbataillon... Google Translate
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

Last edited by oradour; 09-08-2011 at 05:28 PM.

steve when you say removable shoulder boards how are they removable

tom

Tom, see the tunics here What do I have here???? they are late 1990's Parade Wachtbataillon tunics, notice the difference in quality to the one I show ! and these and the BW Sandfarben/tropical tunics are the only BW tunics with removable boards, the boards have tongue and fit thro a loop and fasten on with a button, same as WW2 tunics.
    Prost ! Steve.

very different and definatly a lot better quality than most germans sure pride themselves on looking smart

tom

hi
    finally got my hands on this a 1966 dated beyer bekl (probably spelt wrong) infantery uniform
    show us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunics

tom

Tom, great early tunic !...these mid 1960 tunics are super quality items, heavier wool, nice neu silber buttons, double loose cuffs, and for this tunic the iceing on the cake, the coloured piping is still around the coller, this piping first occured around 1966 and was discontinued around 1969, most tunics still in service or disposed off (as surplus) after that date, often had the piping removed ! so they are rare and desirable ! the trousers would also of have the arm of service (waffenfarbe) piped along the outside of the leg. You need an armshield, make sure you get a period one. The white belt would not be worn with this tunic, only "Wachtbataillon" would wear this type of belt. The white "Feldjager" (Military Police) belt being distinctivly different. Prost ! Steve.

just as a question how do i know a period one as i have a panzergrenadier one (the horsey one) and was thinking of sticking that on but now im not so sure

tom

Tom, prior to the early 1970's all armshields were "Division" patches, not as in the 1970/80/90's Divisions and Brigade badges, all Divisional badges have a white hatched border as explained in the armshields thread, Brigades/other smaller units used a variety of colours, reds/yellows/greens, your tunic should have a Division patch.....as here...first one a "Brigade" with its yellow border...second one a "Division" with its hatched white border...beware, some post 1992 Brigades have white hatched borders, but these due to their design can be easily ruled out as they did not exist in the 1960's. I include a chart of Divisions taken from the 1964 BW recruits handbook "Der Reibert 1" choose one of these.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast