MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Article about: Very nice tunic Steve it appears to have the french style cuffs that I have seen on WW-2 German officer tunics . Regards Mark K

Default Re: show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Tom ... you are confused now, wait until you see this.......picture comes from "Von der Affenjacke zum Tropentarnzug by Walter Kunstwadl"......The large grey section is the outline of the shield, and will probably stay the same for a series of shields. The area with the diagonal black lines is the border of the shield. The colour of this section can vary widely and it may even be found without the black diagonal lines. Two more areas within the shield can and may vary in colour (see attached medical arm shield). The area inside these sections contains the specific design of the shield. still confused ? ........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show us bundeswehr parade tunics
    P
    Many

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    They still havent stoped using the balkan kreuz on their armor, although a changed one of course.
    Please allow me to point a common misspelling and misconception:

It's Balkenkreuz, not Balkankreuz. (Naturally, this symbol has nothing to do with the Balkans anyway.)

Balkenkreuz literally translates as "bar cross". In English, this type of cross shape is called a Greek Cross, i.e. a straight-armed cross with arms of equal length like the one used on Wehrmacht vehicles and aircraft.

The Bundeswehr's emblem with its flared arms is not a Greek Cross/Balkenkreuz, but a Cross Pattée. (And, of course, simply a stylized Iron Cross.)

right i now understand steve thank you (this is why haveing you here is a vital necessity)

tom

so let me make sure i understand fully the one shown beneth is a early badge
    show us bundeswehr parade tunics

tom

Hi Guys,
    This is my first post as I am new to this forum and new to the Bundeswehr. I stress I am trying to learn about their uniforms as I have a passion for them. For years I have collected Third Reich items and have a reasonable collection but I find my interest has turned away from that era and into the modern German army. I am finding if difficult to get my head around their dress regulations primarily because there does not seem to be any reference works I can buy in English as I dont speak or read German. Anyway, the point is I am trying to learn which leads me into why I am responding on this thread. Steve I love the uniforms but I am a bit mystified by the artillery corporals jacket you last posted. Looks good for sure but I was of the opinion only long serving soldiers qualified for trade badges as all the uinforms I have viewed yours is the only corporals jacket I have seen with a trade badge. With no exception to date all have been Sergeant rank or above. My question is was that particular badge on the uniform when you obtained it or did you add it later. Again I stress, I am only trying to get a handle on how things are done in the Bundeswehr. I have no problem with adding or subtracting awards to a uniform to dress it up a bit as I will do so myself but I dont want to add anything to a uniform that should not be there. Just my preference thats all.
    In the next week or so I will show my recent purchases for opinions. Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Phil

Phil, first welcome to the forum ! the more the merrier ! re/trade badges (Tatigkeitsabzeichen), you are correct that BW regulations do state Sgt rank (Unteroffizier) +, however plenty of original tunics both service jackets and combat shirt jackets of junior ranks display trade badges, my understanding is that if junior ranks have succesfully passed there education/promotion exam at level 7 (Sgt grade) they can obtain a trade badge, so long as the qualification criteria for that badge is met, i.e. length of service in a specific position. I believe 6 months for the Bronze, 5 yrs for Silver and 10 yrs for Gold, however I shall make further enquiries, as this too is a recent diversion from my Imperial German collecting, I am learning as I go along. I like to aquire tunics with original badges, but this is difficult as most BW tunics are partially stripped, so a couple of tunics have had to be restored, "dressed up" as you say. These I try to keep as close as possible to original spec.....hopefully I get them right, if not....then I shall learn from my mistakes.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by talltom View Post
    so let me make sure i understand fully the one shown beneth is a early badge
    show us bundeswehr parade tunics tom
    Tom, yes an early designed badge...early 1960's to 2002, this is the armbadge for "Materialamt des Heeres" (Army Logistics centre).
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks Steve for your reply and yes you are indeed correct about uniforms being stripped down prior to sale. At this time I have a Hauptmann's Tunic (Reserve) Artillery which came with a cloth tatigkeitsabzeichen sewn on so I am fairly confident that is as should be as well as silver Proficiency badge and 3 piece medal bar. All were attached to the tunic when I purchased it. I am awaiting (should arrive this week) for a Feldwebels Infantry tunic which also has awards attached. Trouble is buying uniforms with such awards attached certainly marks up the cost a lot and put that with mailing costs to Australia and such tunics are not cheap. Subsequently, and that is why I asked my original question about awards on tunics, I am looking at the much cheaper stripped down versions. Dressed up is a bad choice of words really and I much prefer restore as you said. I would be interested in anything further you may found out about trade badges etc. In the mean time thankyou for you kind welcome and be sure I will try to add my twopence worth when I can. Keep up the good work and mate I love your tunics......something I aspire to.

Phil

phil welcome to the forum please show us the tunics you have and any other bundeswehr militaria in the nessissary threads

tom

Here is the Artillery (Reserve) Hauptmann's tunic I have. This was my first Bundeswehr tunic and where the passion started. Sorry about the pics but I am not a photographers armpit but I think you will still get a general idea. I was told by somebody on another forum that such tunic would not have a Brustanhanger (sorry if thats not quite spelt right) but I am keen to add one. Question; would the owner of this tunic have worn a Brustanhanger and if so what unit would he have been attached to. I realise that this later part of the question would be a guess as all I have to go on is the II Korps patch attached to the tunic. However if somebody may have access to OOB's of units attached to II Korps and could supply me with an appropriate artillery unit I would be grateful. Thanks.

Phil

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast