Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Souval blank core EK's...............

Article about: I was taking a look at my blank core Souval post war made EK's over the weekend and comparing them against each other, here are the images, apologies if I have shown them before....it is pos

Default Souval blank core EK's...............

I was taking a look at my blank core Souval post war made EK's over the weekend and comparing them against each other, here are the images, apologies if I have shown them before....it is possible these crosses or certainly the two early ones were the first post war made non swastika Iron Crosses made as replacements for veterans, earlier than the German made 1957 crosses, some say they began in the late 40's, most defiantly by the early 50's.....they are blank as the are for Austrian veterans, so there was a consensus that "Germanic" symbols were not needed !
    The EK I with Souvals typical "claw" catch and the EK II and the are very early examples...the other EK I is a hybrid, made with both Souval and St u L hardware, note the St u L frame and that Souval stamped the St u L supplied pin with his L/58 stamp !
    It is known the Souval sourced parts i.e. frames, rear hardware (as on this example) from St u L some time in the late 60's, when supplies of his own parts ran dry !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Souval blank core EK's...............   Souval blank core EK's...............  

Souval blank core EK's...............   Souval blank core EK's...............  

Souval blank core EK's...............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Souval blank core EK's...............
    P
    Many

Very nice pieces!....

first time I've seen blank core EKs.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    first time I've seen blank core EKs.
    Hi Harry, only Souval made these "blank" cores, as an Austrian maker he was not restricted to the 57' regulations and the Nazi symbols ban as in Germany, so he made "swastika" versions and these blank cores for the concientous veterans !
    Prost ! Steve.