Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss inscribed swb stick pin

Article about: Andreas, you beat me to it, I was going to list here but the wife called me for dinner ! It is getting the thumbs up over on WAF Prost ! Steve.

?

Default ss inscribed swb stick pin

just got this in with a trade, any thoughts?

thanks rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss inscribed swb stick pin   ss inscribed swb stick pin  

ss inscribed swb stick pin   ss inscribed swb stick pin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss inscribed swb stick pin
    P
    Many

What a great little piece ! exquisite work on such a tiny piece, a 57er Silver wound badge mini !
    Who knows when it was applied, between 1957 and the present day? and by whom, the SS mann ? possibly, possibly not.....worthy of further research on the name ?
    definitely a conversation piece............did it cost much ?
    I have seen a few 57er pieces engraved, some have proved genuine with regards names & dates, most are not....the names/dates added to enhance value.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I wonder what the 'Berlin 15.07.1944' date represents? A fourth wound - in an air raid perhaps? Presumably not the date of the original award as it would have been nine months after the third wound (2.11.43). I understand that the attention of the allied air forces was primarily focused on Normandy in July 1944 but presumably there were still some missions flown over Berlin.

Regards,

Philip

?

Thanks for the replies and interest guys, I don't have the first clue as to research on German items but ill certainly give Google a good look through, tiny for the engraving which is quality as Steve says, but why would anyone engrave a stick pin ?? And a wounds badge too ? I think I will hold on to this one until I find out more but I traded it among other good tr items, also I would only be estimating value based on trade and % ?

I have to admit it is pretty cool with the engraving but no real way to tell. And Philip I thought the Berlin date may just have been death place ? I don't get why Berlin is mentioned on the last date and no locations on the other 2 dates ? Confusing, but ill see what I find out now

Thanks Rory

still a nice item.

?

Cheers Harry I'm in two minds about keeping this for my collection the inscribing is that nice!

Would be interesting to know How they inscribed Behind that pin! Or did they solder the pin on After the inscription was made? Very unusual.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It looks well done, but why someone would have SS anything engraved in the post war period is a bit of a mystery I would think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Yes I don't know why either, but it is what it is post war either way so I personally don't value it any more because of the SS link. just the engraving has grown on me, and could the pin have been straightened out while they engraved?

Ineterstingly, its full-size equivalent is currently under discussion over at the WAF (photo posted by Steve, but from a third-party forum, with the actual piece owned by Christopher Ailsby):

ss inscribed swb stick pin

The reverse of the large badge is engraved with a transcription of the full text of the award document for the Silver Wound Badge.
    The dates engraved on the mini make sense now: 19th July 1943, 8th October 1943 and 2nd November 1943 are the dates the wounds were suffered and 15th July 1944 the date of the award document.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast