Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Strange (Bundeswehr?) helmet

Article about: hi Harry i see two choices 1 film prodect,no i dont think so ,gsg9 yes very probablole , proof , well mabe , i realy believe my first idea bundesgrenzshutz,grenzshutzgrouppe-9 i think you ha

ian
    ?

Default Re: Strange (Bundeswehr?) helmet

hi Harry i see two choices 1 film prodect,no i dont think so ,gsg9 yes very probablole , proof , well mabe , i realy believe my first idea bundesgrenzshutz,grenzshutzgrouppe-9
    i think you have a rare and valuable helmet and i realy mean rare chears ian
    if im right and i think i may be then this lid is post 1972 its ver early bundes and it5 is worth a small fotune ,thease helmes are like rocking horse sh£T CHEEERS IANty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange (Bundeswehr?) helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by ian View Post
    hi Harry i see two choices 1 film prodect,no i dont think so ,gsg9 yes very probablole , proof , well mabe , i realy believe my first idea bundesgrenzshutz,grenzshutzgrouppe-9
    i think you have a rare and valuable helmet and i realy mean rare chears ian
    if im right and i think i may be then this lid is post 1972 its ver early bundes and it5 is worth a small fotune ,thease helmes are like rocking horse sh£T CHEEERS IANty
    I agree with you Ian, Defo GSG9

ian
    ?

thanks for your input Gaz , i realy do believe that Harry has something special here , and it is good that you agree , cheers ian

I am going to have to disagree with you guys, sorry.

The GSG9 helmet was steel. I have examined a few over the years. They have a steel rim too around the edge of the shell similar to a US M1 helmet. The liner is totally different to the one shown and is actually similar to the wartime FJ M38 helmet.

What you have is a re-enactors helmet or a film prop made cheaply from glass fibre with a post war West German liner. These are not longer made as good copies of the wartime helmet can now be found made of steel.

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

thats blown that then ,and i was so excited about it to oh well we live and learn
    cheers ian

Quote by ian View Post
    thats blown that then ,and i was so excited about it to oh well we live and learn
    cheers ian
    Hi Ian.

I again ,agree with you LOL

Sometimes were right,sometimes were wrong ......that's life.

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    Hi Ian.

I again ,agree with you LOL

Sometimes were right,sometimes were wrong ......that's life.
    My personal opinion is that I have a very rare kind of helmet that is worth at least £10,000. But being the kind soul that I am, I'm willing to sell it for £500. But to be honest, I couldn't care less what it is, I would just like to be absolutely sure about what I have. My wife thinks she saw Michael Caine wearing it in 'The Eagle Has Landed.' On another point... Were all German wartime paratrooper helmets stamped with a makers code and/or batch number???

Harry,

P.S For the record, I never did think it was a GSG9 helmet - too flimsy for serious work, but very strong for training...

Hi Harry, yes, wartime FJ lids were all maker marked either "ET" or with later ones being marked "ckl" after the new code was introduced. All had the batch number in the neck area.

Cheers, Ade.

Collecting......It's an education

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2