Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Strange BW markings?

Article about: Hello. I am looking to buy a certain BW tunic that has markings ''Heereseigentum, 92 / IV'' on it. What do the numbers and letters ''92 / IV'' mean? Could it be a size marking? 92 inches che

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Is this a Bundeswehr picture or a Bundesheer picture....? It is a trick.
    The trick being that it is neither. It's a general of the Bundesgrenzschutz, more specifically Brigadegeneral Alfred Samlowski, Inspector General of the BGS from 1961 to 1963.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-02-2015 at 11:52 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange BW markings?
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The trick being that it is neither. It's a general of the Bundesgrenzschutz, more specifically Brigadegeneral Alfred Samlowski, Inspector General of the BGS from 1961 to 1963.
    Bravo. In my early life in West Germany, the BGS was a noteworthy presence, now gone, since it has been transformed and robbed of its regalia that made it so appealing to me.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo. In my early life in West Germany, the BGS was a noteworthy presence, now gone, since it has been transformed and robbed of its regalia that made it so appealing to me.
    I was rather fond of their traditional shoulder boards and collar Litzen as well.

Living close to a railway station and travelling much by train, these changes are always illustrated to me by the changing appearance of the security presence there.

The blue-uniformed Bahnpolizei was absorbed by the green-uniformed Bundesgrenzschutz with its unique insignia, which were in turn replaced by generic state police-style badges when the BGS became the Bundespolizei, which has now made the changeover to the "European-standard" dark blue uniforms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2