Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Are those German M1s??

Article about: Sorry dealer is offering this ones as german steelhelmets but i think they are US. Are those M1s and how can i determinate the period? Thanks SM

Default Are those German M1s??

Sorry dealer is offering this ones as german steelhelmets but i think they are US.
    Are those M1s and how can i determinate the period?
    Thanks
    SM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are those German M1s??   Are those German M1s??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are those German M1s??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Are those M1s??

Hi
    They are old west german army helmets they went out of issue in the early eighties,
    i was issued one on attachment to the Jager Regt, in 79. The M1 helmet is far different to these,
    and made in two parts.
    Dave.

Default Re: Are those M1s??

Thanks a lot Dave,
    always learning.

Default Re: Are those German M1s??

SM, these are updated M62 (M1A1) helmets, they recieved an update in February 1981, a new 3 point harness liner, and officially designated the M1A1 Modifiziert, worn through to the early 90's and replaced by the M826 Gefechtshelm (Kevlar/Aramid). These helmets can be obtained cheaply approx £9-20 on E-Bay (and that at the moment is all they are worth !) . Although given the model number M1A1, they were as Dave points out nothing like the early 2 piece M1 clone of the fledgling Bundeswehr....these 2 piece helmets are now rare ! commanding a high price if one can be found ! I only have an inner helmet, which I show here, note how it is a virtual copy of the U.S. liner, only thing to give it away, is the colour and the white coloured stamped maker mark (never imprinted like the U.S. liner) the outer shell was also marked like this........If anyone has the shell for sale, please contact me !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are those German M1s??   Are those German M1s??  

Are those German M1s??  
    Last edited by oradour; 07-21-2011 at 03:21 PM.