Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ulrich de Maizière

Article about: Hello friends. I am working on a small article about the descendants of the Huguenots who served for generations in the armies of Germany. I focus on the figure of Ulrich de Maiziere, for hi

Default Ulrich de Maizière

Hello friends.
    I am working on a small article about the descendants of the Huguenots who served for generations in the armies of Germany.
    I focus on the figure of Ulrich de Maiziere, for his role as "gray eminence" in the organization of the Bundeswehr
    I've been trying for a while to find a picture of Ulrich de Maiziere in Wehrmacht uniform.
    Does anyone have a photo and can please help me uploading it to this forum thread?
    Thank you.

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ulrich de Maizière
    P
    Many

I would also greatly appreciate any information regarding the units in which he served during the war.
    I have only been able to find out that he joined the Reichswehr in 1930, was appointed Lieutenant in the summer of 1933, and from 1937 regimental adjutant in the 50th Infantry Regiment in Landsberg on the Warta. After he participated in 1939 as a captain on the Polish campaign, then followed by a shortened general staff training the use as a General Staff Officer in various divisions and in the High Command of the Army. While his brother Clemens goes to war as a private, Ulrich makes career in the Wehrmacht to the Ia of the operational department of the General Staff of the Army. In this capacity, he also takes on 22 April 1945 for the last time in the briefing at Hitler in the bunker of the Reich Chancellery.
    Thanks in advance.

Ulrich de Maizière

In case it helps, I upload some more photos. The first is taken at Christmas 1968, the boy who appears in a red circle is his son Thomas, who over the years, will make a political career at the CDU and was Minister of Defense in the Cabinet of Angela Merkel, between 2011 and 2013. He succeeded Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg and his successor was Ursula von der Leyen.

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Thanks in advance, again.

Santi

Isn't that Knight's Cross holder, Johannes Steinhoff, 2nd left in picture four, and 1st left in picture five, post #1 ? Thanks for showing, and good luck in your search for information.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Isn't that Knight's Cross holder, Johannes Steinhoff, 2nd left in picture four, and 1st left in picture five, post #1 ? Thanks for showing, and good luck in your search for information.

Yes, it's unmistakably Steinhoff. Also seen in picture no. 4 (far right, partially obscured) and no. 5 (second from left) is Helmut Schmidt, Minister of Defense from 1969 to 1972 and Chancellor from 1974 to 1982. (Incidentally, he had served as a Flak officer in WW2 and held a reserve officer rank in the Bundeswehr.)

Maybe these are of interest here - Seen below are the uniforms of de Maizière and Steinhoff on display at the Bundeswehr Museum in Dresden. I know the quality is poor, but due to the uniforms being behind glass and in rooms with subdued lighting, it was the best I could do:

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

Ulrich de Maizière

You are right, Steve. Thank you for your help, Andreas. Best regards.
    Santi