MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

variations of the Bundeswehr camo

Article about: some people here might be interested in this One of the last camouflage patterns implemented by the German Army during WW2 was Leibermuster. Although never fully implemented by the Nazis, th

Default Re: variations of the Bundeswehr camo

information on amoben camo (coutesy of steve along with photo)
    Amoebatarn was only available on the issue zeltbahn and used between 1956 and the 1980's, many zelts were cut up and helmet covers made up through out this period, as the BW never issued a cammo cover until the early 1990's with the introduction of Flecktarn ! The issue Amoebatarn zelt came in a Amoeba patterned bag which doubled as a hood when the zelt was worn as a poncho, and a zeltbahn tent peg and pole bag, no other pieces of uniform or equipment were made using Amoebatarn so watch out for the m43s modern fakes photo shows steves amoben helmet cover
    variations of the Bundeswehr camo
    Last edited by oradour; 04-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement variations of the Bundeswehr camo
    P
    Many

?

Well done Tom and Steve
    Tom an intresting site that I found my information on Main Page - Camopedia

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Well done Tom and Steve

Regards Mark K
    So the original post of this thread is a 'Cut & paste' job from Camopedia/Wikipedia?? I should have guessed....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Well done Tom and Steve

Regards Mark K
    indeed same here mark thats where the infos from its quite a good site have a look at the third reich section

Quote by big ned View Post
    So the original post of this thread is a 'Cut & paste' job from Camopedia/Wikipedia?? I should have guessed....
    i thought your previous post was being sarcy ned about me being brilliantly literate (i make no claims to writing any of it ) here just fro information

?

I do agree with you Tom it makes for a good site for base information on camo/patterns from around the world

Regards Mark K

Gents....the first BW cammo, manufactured 1955-57, used until the early 1960's...Splittertarn, similiar to TR Splinter pattern, but not the same.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture variations of the Bundeswehr camo  

?

Now that is an awsome addition to any early BW collection Steve
    Are there manufacturer marks or tags present

Regards Mark K

Thanks Mark...I am still putting the finishing touches to this early 1955-58 display, I have just received and mounted the "Kampf rucksack" I still require a mess tin and Amoebatarn zelt for completion, I will be starting a thread on this and my early 1960's "Filzlaus" display shortly......I have the splittertarn trousers, they are at present away having some restoration/repairs as they came from a re-enactor who sadly butchered them, but they can be saved, unfortunatly the jacket obtained from the same source could not be saved, so it has become a donor for spares etc...can not moan, as I bought the pair from him for £30 ! the replacement/new jacket cost me £137 ! they are fully marked and dated. BW Splittertarn (Splintertarn) is becoming very expensive !!!!
    Prost ! Steve.

Very nice addition, Steve! There is one of these for sale on ebay at the moment.
    Your BW collection is growing fast. The closet of Pickelhaubes is barely visible!

Regards
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 04-17-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast