Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Various 1957er miniatures

Article about: Here are a few 1957er miniatures purchased over the last few months. First, the civlian-wear stickpin version of the Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen AKA Luftwaffendoppela

Default Various 1957er miniatures

Here are a few 1957er miniatures purchased over the last few months.

First, the civlian-wear stickpin version of the Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen AKA Luftwaffendoppelabzeichen [Combined Pilot- and Observer Badge of the Air Force].

This is of very neat quality, with fine detail considering its size. The pin is fitted with a Nadelsicherung [pin safety device] preventing the pin from slipping out. It easily slips upwards, but securely clutches to the pin when pulled downwards. To undo it, the small lower part of the device has to be pulled out just a little bit (simply grasping it between two fingers is sufficient), which opens the mechanism.

Obverse view:

Reverse view:

With added scale reference to illustrate its tiny size:

The Rettungsmedaille [Lifesaving Medal], as a lapel bow with a miniature medal pendant.

The medal is very highly polished which does not really come across in the photographs.

Obverse view:

Reverse view:

Scale reference shot:

Finally, a three-place miniature medal bar with the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern [War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords] and the Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 3. Klasse [Armed Forces Long Service Award 3rd Class] and 4. Klasse [4th Class], i.e. for 12 and 4 years of service.

The top part is backed with red felt-like material, also often found on 1957er ribbon bars.

Obverse view:

Reverse view:

Scale reference shot:

As always; comments are welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Various 1957er miniatures
    P
    Many

Great little items Andreas ! I have a small collection of these myself..........I am looking for a full size 57er "Rettungsmedaille" (Lifesaving Medal) for my collection, so great to see a button hole version !
    the quality on these and detail is astounding for something so small !!
    Thanks for showing
    Prost ! Steve.

Nice minis Andreas! It's the first time I see a Lifesaving mini, probably equally as hard to find as the full size?

Best regards

very nice.

I just noticed a little goof on my part. In the reverse shot of the mini medal bar, the 12 year medal was turned around, showing the obverse side. Here is how it should have looked:

As an afterthought, and while I was at it, I decided to take new photographs of the few other 1957 miniatures in my collection and add those to this thread as well for the sake of completeness and convenience.
    (These items have been shown before, at 1957-ers: Stickpin for a WW1/WW2 veteran and KVK1 mit Schwertern and 57er Deutsches Kreuz in Gold grouping , respectively.)

Spanning the period from Imperial Germany/World War I via the Third Reich/World War II-era and on to the Federal Republic of Germany/the Cold War years, here is a four-piece civilian stickpin for a long-serving armed forces member and WWI veteran.

The decorations are the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Kriegsteilnehmer [Honor Cross for Participants in the War], the Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse ohne Schwerter [War Merit Cross withouth Swords] and, once agein, the 12- and 4-year Dienstauszeichnungen [Long Service Awards].

It is interesting to note that this order of precedence is correct as per the regulations of the 1957 Ordensgesetz, whereas the KVK would have been worn before the 1914-18 Ehrenkreuz as per the regulations of the Third Reich era.

Obverse view:

Reverse view:

Scale reference shot:

Another four piece miniature stickpin with the 1939 Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse [Iron Cross 1st Class] and II. Klasse [2nd Class], the Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber [Wound Badge in Silver] and the Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen [General Assault Badge] and individual stickpins for the EKI/EKII combination and the two badges.

Obverse view:

Reverse view:

Scale reference shot:

Any possible future purchases of 1957 miniatures will be added to this thread as well.

I like the miniatures
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Well, it didn't take long for this piece to join the family...

Also shown on my 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz thread, here is a five-place civilian stickpin miniature for another man who had fought in WWI and again rendered services in WWII.

The decorations are, from left to right:

• Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class] of 1914
    • Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer [Honor Cross for Combatants]
    • Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse mit Schwertern [War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords]
    • Ungarische Kriegserinnerungsmedaille / Magyar Háborús Emlékérem [Hungarian War Commemorative Medal]
    • Bulgarische Kriegserinnerungsmedaille / Медаль за участие в Европейской войне [Bulgarian War Commemorative Medal]

Obverse view:

Reverse view:

Scale reference shot. Once more, the details are really nice considering the piece's tiny size:

Great stickpins Andreas .........these little blighter's are often over looked here on the forum, I have a small collection, I have never even thought to post here, maybe I should !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    These little blighter's are often over looked here on the forum, I have a small collection, I have never even thought to post here, maybe I should !
    ...By all means!

Nice addition.
    I envy you living in a era where they are more readily
    available. Here in the US, these little pins can get expensive.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast