Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

What is this shoulder board?

Article about: I could not find a appropriate sub forum for this one. I have been scratching my head again. Thank you for your patience. I have searched around quite a bit and am not able to find any match

Default What is this shoulder board?

I could not find a appropriate sub forum for this one. I have been scratching my head again. Thank you for your patience. I have searched around quite a bit and am not able to find any matches. I believe it to be post war something. I have searched Bundesgrenzschutz, Volkspolizei, Grenztruppen der DDR. Found something similar for post war infantry but no details. I think fairly early post war with no glow stitching. No glow would not mean to much on an expensive item but why would someone fake a cheap post war shoulder that I cannot even find what it is for. All Opinions are appreciated.
    John

What is this shoulder board?What is this shoulder board?What is this shoulder board?What is this shoulder board?What is this shoulder board?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this shoulder board?
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

At first glance it appears to be Bundeswehr Panzer-Grenadier. Probably for the shirt sleeve order shirt.
    They would wear that uniform around the office, esp. in warmer weather.

First decent photo the Internet gave me, but you get the idea:
    What is this shoulder board?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I agree. A Bundeswehr officers' shoulder board without the rank devices.

Green [this shade is also known as "jägergrün"] is the branch color for Panzergrenadiere, [mechanized infantry], Jäger [light infantry], Gebirgsjäger [mountain infantry] and Fallschirmjäger [paratroops].

Thanks to both of you for the information. Trying to figure out was driving me to drink more scotch.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Thanks to both of you for the information. Trying to figure out was driving me to drink more scotch.
    Have one more. I allow it.