Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st m1 helmet

Article about: Hey guys just joined the forum after stumbling across it the other day and realy enjoying all the info on here.Thought id share my 1st m1 purchase was a bit of a impulse buy.is a front seam

RIZ
    ?

Default 1st m1 helmet

Hey guys just joined the forum after stumbling across it the other day and realy enjoying all the info on here.Thought id share my 1st m1 purchase was a bit of a impulse buy.is a front seam fixed bale with and inland liner and appears to be original and period to my small amount of knowledge .sorry pics are bit bad but would love your opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st m1 helmet   1st m1 helmet  

1st m1 helmet   1st m1 helmet  

1st m1 helmet  

Riz let me be the first to say welcome. You have picked the best place to be, there is a lot of knowledge here and we also hope to gain from your insight. The helmet looks really good CONGRATULATION on the find. Jake and the other who are more knowledgeable than I will be along shortly. And again welcome, Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Welcome and a great way to start with a beautiful looking early Fixed Bale Helmet and quite a rare Inland Liner to boot,this I think is how most would like to find a set with hardly any wear and totally factory original in every way including the Liner retaining the early smooth darker olive drab paint which has sustained seven decades,thanx for sharing and hope you can learn a little to along the way...............

?

A very nice WW2 M1. A great find, congrats.

RIZ
    ?

Thanks for the feed back,and the info on the liner.Im keen to read some more on here and start searching for another, tho the australian $ is a bit of a bugger atm so may have to turn my attentions a little more more local

Keep hold of that Inland,there getting quite rare nowadays and especially the earlier unpainted Steel type washers,already said it but it really is a great overall looking pot,I wouldn't say no,hint hint,take care................

Welcome to the Forum. Looks a very nice helmet.
    Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

RIZ
    ?

Smile

thanks guys, im always open to taking hints there is a small amount of light surface rust above the rim on one side im guessing its probably best just to leave it or has anyone had luck removing it and keeping the paint intact?

?

I would leave the helmet be ie...rust is part of the history of this helmet and a lovely example of an M-1 it is.

Regards Mark

If you touch the rust,then the originality has gone,and it will bug you like forever,trust me I know..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast