Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1st production run McCord with Hawley.

Article about: Good day to everyone,finally got something to be proud of,right back where it all started in the summer of 1941. 1st production run McCord shell with 1st pattern Rayon Fibre Hawley Liner,tha

?

Outstanding helmet friend.
    An absolute must for American m1 collectors.

Thanks everyone for such appreciated comments.Rod your correct McCord used 3 types of stainless steel Fixed Bale in total this being the first pattern used which was changed roughly around the 150 heatstamp system,2nd type through into the 500 hundreds then the final type until switching over to the stainless swivel Bale version.

thanks mate that's something I didn't know.
    education is good these days, pity I didn't feel that way at school, back then.
    cheers
    Rod

?

Sorry I could not reply to your email yesterday Jake work has been rather crazy last few days .
    anything that I say would be echoing other comments without a doubt an exceptionally N.F.H.
    and IMO you would be hard pressed to find another true matching set that has been together since the begging as nice as this one

Regards Mark

I've learned a thing or two in recent weeks like McCord useing 3 types of Fixed Bale,here they are for future referance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st production run McCord with Hawley.   1st production run McCord with Hawley.  

Another interesting note was on the really early shells McCords stamped the number followed by the letter then a gap and a "3" have no idea what the "3" stands for but it only seems to be "3" from the examples i've encountered,not saying there might be others,just haven't seen any,by the early "50"'s stamps this "3" was dropped and just the number followed by the letter,also to note the letters have never gone higher than an "H".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st production run McCord with Hawley.   1st production run McCord with Hawley.  

RIZ
    ?

superb lid u have there

Thanks Riz and welcome too............

Jake did you have to import this baby,,,it really is fantastic i bet you ripped the postmans arm off when it arrived.

Yes Steve and had to rob the postman to pay for the blasted thing,even took the customs on the chin as well which really hurt,but thats life.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast