Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

2nd lt helmet, really salty

Article about: I just wanted to share this very salty helmet I just bought off ebay for 70 bucks. It attracted me for some reason. Probally not even worth it but maybe it's a combat veteran or someone's ba

Probably, I used one on my laptop when I was making a few ebay purchases. You can pay either for a single bid (around $2 or so) or sign up for unlimited bids for something like $15 a month or thereabouts. Takes the guesswork and staying up all night monitoring auctions out of the question, just set your maximum bid and let it ride.

Well I got the helmet in the mail. It was filthy , the liner so since this is not a super collectable helmet, I did the big no no and took it to the back yard, grabbed some natural dish soap and took the water hose to it and let it naturally dry a huge difference . It's definitely a korean war liner, found the maker stamp with a 1953 date. For 70 some odd bucks hell why not. It had character and definitely wasn't sitting in a surplus shop. Wanted to share some pictures. The first one is what it looked like when I got it. I had to clean it

Looks great overall,nice Micarta westy,never did any real harm,well done Mrpotts...............

Thank you, and without adjusting the webbing, it actually fits. Thanks for your help rudder

I like it, we do not see to many un-messed with M1 helmets over here in the UK, a hell of a lot were ruined by Full Metal Jacket enthusiasts! Leon.

Thanks for your response. I thought the u.k was the best place.to find these vintage helmets?. Yeah it's pretty cool after I took the water hose to it. I don't have a korean war one so it works.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Probably, I used one on my laptop when I was making a few ebay purchases. You can pay either for a single bid (around $2 or so) or sign up for unlimited bids for something like $15 a month or thereabouts. Takes the guesswork and staying up all night monitoring auctions out of the question, just set your maximum bid and let it ride.
    Concerning the ebay sniper question, I have been using Gixen with great results for a number of years (GIXEN - Free eBay Auction Sniper). Its free to use although you can pay for their mirror service for $6 a year. Its not necessary to download anything. Apart from the other advantages already mentioned, using the sniper prevents any last minute budget busting frenzy.

Regards, Philip

With regards to purchasing in the UK,i've only had 2 sets from a collection that was being disbanded,and a few Liners from a UK based dealer,other than that everything else has come from the states.

Well my theory with the sniping is that, it's going to go for what someone is willing to spend for , you can snipe and have all of these programs but if someone is willing to spend more money then you loose.

I deal with a guy in gettysburg pa that has a small museum. He just purchased Mr winters collection including his jump suit from d day and so on and he has one or two originial band of brothers helmets. He said you can only find what's available in Europe. He said basically all were recycled back into the fold. I would figure there are a lot of collectors over there if not more from here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2